My first dog pic - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

My first dog pic

i'm gettina a Siberian husky Feb the 3 the pup is still with the breeder now
he will be 8 months by the time i bring him home
can u guys give me some pointers that will help me be a good owner

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/2423/puppi...20old20016.jpg
the pic is pretty big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 03:19 PM

He is adorable!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Wow what an adorable little pup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 08:01 PM

Red face

What a cutie!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

He is adorable! Do you have a name picked out yet? What type of "pointers" are you looking for?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 02:40 AM
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

i just got my first youngish pups two weeks ago, the sisters are now 10 weeks old, 11 weeks old on monday............. they already know sit laydown up off down and just starting on shake a paw.......... housebreaking is soooooooo hard! your soon2b puppy is sooo cute! i would like pointers from the people here also!

i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

give him a huge kiss for me. he's sooo cute
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Smile

aaaaaaawwwww he is sooooooooo cute, he looks just like an ickle panda cub

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 06:55 PM

i have lots to say, but typing with one hand is difficult so it'll have to wait.

read the articles in the forum for dogs. great info there.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 12:01 PM

Oh jesus, i have so much to tell you.. watch his every move.. i have a 9 month old husky.. she is a demon .. keep your socks and underwear locked away, he will eat them. make sure you have some way to keep him contained.. i keep Natalya in the kitchen with baby gates and toys.,. that way she has room to move... never take him off a leash.. make sure he gets plenty of excersize.. they love to run, they love to get into things.. they love to dig.. make sure hes not bored... if hes bored, he may get destructive... encourage him to talk... i talk to Natalya and get her to talk like huskies do. its so cute... if you have small animals, introduce them slowly.. he'll probably chase cats if you have any.. im talking completely from experience... shes such a lover, she loves people and our kittens that we have, but she has to constantly be supervised.. it takes a minute for her to get into something... start training or reinforce his training as much as possible.. go to akc.org .. they have a good description about them, their mischevious ways.... but mostly just keep him happy and if there is a fenced in park around you, definetly go... they need the excersize so it kills the energy and the urge to run... hope that helps a little
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Exercise, exercise, exercise! And never let him loose! He's beautiful!!! There are lots of good tips here, be sure to read them through!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Tags
siberian husky