My new baby - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

My new baby

Well as you all know.......... I did it. I've had her over a week now. Thank goodness I work for a vet so I can take her to work with me each day. She is the most awesome puppy I've ever had. Just knowing she will stay little is great. I've never had a little dog before. I wanted to brag............ so here I go....... She spent the first night in her crate with just the smallest bit of whining the first few minutes. She sleeps in her crate every night and doesn't make a sound until we get up and start making noise. She peed in it the first night but hasn't since. I gave her one of my shepherds stuffed animals to sleep with since she met, and liked him and it smells like him. I bought her some Iams puppy food, and Iams biscuits. She of course is also eating some table food. NOT from the table mind you. I pick out some veggies, and a bit of meat for her and put it in her bowl once I have finished eating. I want her main diet to be quality puppy food but I also want to feed her fresh food. I am a small animal dietician guys so don't worry about me giving her bones, or pork, or salt, etc...etc....... Last night she discovered sugar snap peas. She loves them. She also likes squash, and green beans. I do give her the soft white bone off of pork ribs once I've sucked all the bbq and the such of of it.
Here are a pic or two. depending on how small I can make them. I got a digital camera for X-mas so have gone crazy taking pics of her. It also does videos. Wow is that fun. I have one of her playing with my 100 lb dog with the music from a John Wayne movie in the background.
That's all my news for today. The puppy is in my lap right now. I haven't been home from work that long. Time to feed the husband. Have a great week fellow pet lovers, Denise

Alright the pic is too big and I'm too tired and busy to change it right now. I'll try again tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

What kind of dog did you get?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awwwwww congrats, and yes what kind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

puppy

She is a Shih-Tzu. She is black and white. I would be working on sending a picture but unfortunately the cable guy came this morning and spent 3 hours here only to leave without installing it. I needed a CD for windows 98 SE. I didn't have one because my computer came with it installed. I have it on floppy but that wouldn't work. I had to make a million calls. most of them were a major disappointment. Some people simply want your money. My brother is a computer genius and he said I should get XP and come into this century. lol..... One of the ladies I spoke with said I didn't want that because it wasn't compatible with lots of things. She also said microsoft no longer offered support for windows 98. Which is a big fat lie. I just left that site checking to see if I can upgrade my computer. They still offer support for 98. GRRRR What a hassle this day has been. To make it even worse I took the day off work, not to mention my husband went off shore this morning in our big boat and I couldn't go because I wanted cable connection. Hopefully the cable guy will be back soon. I found a CD at a shop that repairs our autoclave and the such at work. They let me borrow it. I didn't have to spend a dime. GRRRRRRR some people I swear just want your money. Anyhoooooooooo once I get this all back and running I will send some pics of Tuffy. There is one on a different forum I can't remember which one. Silly girl. Off to get a move on this project. Later, Denise

Any advise given by me is to the best of my knowledge and is not meant to replace veterinary care. If your pet is ill please take him to the vet ASAP. Don't waste your pets valuable time on the internet.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

awww! Congrats on your new baby! She sounds adorable- can't wait to see pictures! I know what you mean about loving that tiny dog so much. I have a new Yorkie and I can't believe how much I love that teenie tiny little girl!
Good Luck with her and keep us updated!!
This tiny dog thing is all new to me - all the information I can get from everyone else with little dogs - well I just eat it up!

[center]

[
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Congrats on your new pup! I sure wish my doggies could come to work with me, one day, perhaps they could, hehehe. Can't wait to see some pics! Yeah I work at a computer store and we have to call around to different places like Microsoft and I swear some of them just do want your cash, but hey, I guess that's how they are.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awwww congrats on the new pup. Shih Tzu's are cute. I love my little dog too, even though I never thought I would like a little dog.

Can't wait for pics.

I have xp, and love it... but they are right it is not compatible with a lot of things.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Miss New Booty

Congrats on your new puppy!!!!! I bet you are so excited! Can't wait to see pictures, too!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Tuffy. The cutest little dog.

Well I came here to drop in a picture but I just realized I can't do that. The computer guy only managed to crash my windows program. I got it reloaded but it's not using the right driver for picture displays and I can't force it to change. I ordered a new computer on line today. It is coming with XP. It most likely wont' be here for at least 12 days. Then I'll get the cable modem hooked up and I'll come back and post some pics.
I'll be back, Denise
P.S. Tuffy just took a 2 hour nap on the bed with her mom. She's still the cutest thing I've ever seen. I put her in my lab coat pocket at work yesterday and she just sat there quietly forever. I ordered her a pooch carrier that I can carry her in the front of me. This way she won't miss out on the big hikes with the big dogs. I'll just carry her when she gets tired.

Tags
puppy food, shih tzu, stuffed animal, stuffed animals