My new pup "Gambler" - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

My new pup "Gambler"

Just got my lab yesterday, he's as sweet as he looks, but I'm real tired today because I hardly got any rest since I got him. Buddy and Beau are NOT welcoming him with open paws- I have to really watch like a hawk. Lots of grumbling and they won't play with him. I think they got very upset about him going after their penis(he chomped on them a few times) I'm trying to break him of that now before they decide to chomp on him! His full name is Lucky Gambler- but we call him Gambler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

He is absolutely ADORABLE, Linda!!!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Beanie Fanatics Anonymous Member

aww, hes so cute!!

I Love You Logan & Cledus!!!

Logan Indy Ping-Pong Pinkerton Gissa Cledus

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Very beautiful pup!

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Oh and I have to say I LOVE his collar!!

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Aww, he is precious Linda! I hope the boys take to him soon.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 02:54 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

He's beautiful Linda! He looks so soft! I wanna kiss that face!

~ Jodi ~

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

he is so cute!

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 03:53 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Cool

Oh how cute
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

OMG Linda... he is absolutely adorable. Congrats

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

awwww! He's gorgeous!! What a sweet face! His color is just beautiful!
Congrats! I'll bet you are so happy to have him home!

Max did the same thing to Jack! He thought Jack's penis was a place to latch on and nurse Jack didn't like it one bit- but he was very patient and just nosed Max and rolled him over- then licked him.

I'm sure Buddy and Beau will settle in and in no time they'll be playing Daddy to Gambler and teach him the rules of the house
(meaning, Buddy and Beau's rules )

Lots of luck Linda- he's just adorable

[center]

[
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks everyone !

Deja- Ouincy the cocker came over today to visit and beau and Bud were so nice to him- but they won't give Gambler the time of day.
I had to scold Beau this evening for growling than biting Gamblers head because Gambler was starting to take a toy. Now usually Beau shares his toys with no problem at all. Gambler wasn't hurt , he just got drewl on his head. I can't help but be nervous. I guess I was spoiled last time by not having any trouble with Buddy when I brought Beau home as a pup. But Buddy was 2 and very playful then.
Do you or anyone here have any experience with this? Knowing my Goldens have good temperments (or had) I can only surmise that this will all work out.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 06:47 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

It will work out Linda. Right now they are just trying to show Gambler his place in the "pecking order"

My shepard is like that. He growls at my lab STILL... and Rebel is over 2. He just has to show he is boss. Well, that and he is cranky.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

He's a cutie Linda. How old is he?

I agree with Chrisanne, the other dogs are putting him in his place. I bet they're best buds in another week. In the meantime, keep watching them closely! Good luck!

Rhonda