My poor Bubber (Max) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

My poor Bubber (Max)

Well, Max woke up this morning in a great mood, we got to the vets at 6:30, and he was so happy to see the vet and the techs. (He loves everyone!) Little does he know that he is having surgery! He was so happy, and this morning he was the only dog in there, they techs let him off leash so he could go around and say "hi!" to everyone, which he did...then we weighed him and he weighs 46lbs!! He is only 5 months old, but he sure is a tank. Then they took him in to a back room, where he didnt even say bye to me! ! So then I went up to the front desk and was talking to the receptionist, where she was giving me some paperwork, and about 5 minutes later, as I was about to leave, here comes Max booking it to the door to gimme a kiss!! I was so happy! He is such a great baby, I am going to miss him a bunch today! I am counting down the hours till 5 gets here so I can go pick him up! I'm sure he will be glad to get out of there this afternoon when he wakes up and him "manliness" is gone. LoL... He is such a sweetie though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 09:55 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I hope all goes well today Melissa! That's so cute how he ran back to give you a kiss! lol I hope your day goes fast & let us know how it goes!

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 10:08 AM
User Is No Longer Welcome

When my Pebbles had that surgery he did not speak to me for a week.But as time went by he forgot about it.We are just like two bugs in a rug.Except for the ocasional legg humping I don't think he has missed anything.:hershey:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

LOL! Leg humping haha! Im glad that Max hadnt started the humping yet, hopefully he wont begin now! Ha ha...when he was a baby he humped Harlie two times, and we immediatley pushed him off and said "NO!" and he hasnt done it since...hopefully we get lucky and dont have one that humps guests! Ha ha! And yes, JGawana, Max was such a sweetie this morning!! The vet is going to call me as soon as she is done, so when I know I'll post!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 11:04 AM
Poopsie AppleNose

Awww give Max hugs for me when he comes home, whats funny is some male dogs still try to hump even though there B parts are gone.. LOL!!! Atleast this will not only keep him more healthy but will stop him from wanting to wonder and other things that males do....

Enter House At Own Risk Tarantulas Loose Everywhere... Critter Freak!!

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Yep, he hadnt started any bad habits yet thankfully...haha...If he starts them later, oh well, he is still my baby! I cant wait to see him, the vet called a little bit ago to tell me Max is out of surgery and doing great! He had to have two incisions, one for his one testicle that was descended, and another by his sheath to find his other one that hadnt dropped yet. She said he wasnt up yet, but doing good. He had an anal expression too...lol...I bet he was glad to be asleep for that one! Haha! Harlie goes in with us to pick him up to get hers expressed! LOL! She is not going to be a happy camper for about 30 seconds! Hee hee...but it is needed. Anyways, just wanted to update you of my little love. I really cant wait till 5 now that he is done with surgery. I mIsS tHe LiTtLe BoOgEr!! So now I am counting down....2 hours....12 minutes!! C'mon clock! I wannnna goooo!

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 03:53 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Awww Melis. I can't wait to see him tonight! He'll be little Groggers, thats what I'ma call him for now, groggy groggers.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Ha ha! Yeah I cant wait to see him too...but he is still just Bubba Bubbers to me! Welp...FINALLY its 5!! I am going to get him now, and hug him, and kiss him, and squeeze him (well not too tight) and..... lol
See ya all on monday!!
~Melissa

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 04:36 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

aww poor Max! I'm sure he's getting lots of extra lovies tonight. Glad everything went well!

[center]

[
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Well its now 10 and I have been with him since about 5:45. He is really groggy and only wants to sleep. We got him to eat a little and drink a little. He is doing pretty good, I just feel bad for him. He bit me a few times when I moved him, which is understandable, I would bite someone too if they were moving me when I was so sensitive! When we were on the way home, I sat in the back seat with him while Josh and Harlie sat up front, and everytime we went over a bump he bit me! What a little stinker! I still love the little booger though. Im glad he is home and in the comfort of his own house and crate, I do think Harlie is bugging him quite bit though, she is so nuts. He just wants his space, and Harlie wants his space too! We are trying to keep them somewhat seperated, but it doesnt work much with two boxers. Well thats the update for now...Ill probly check in sometime tomorrow. Have a great nite!
~Melissa
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 09:24 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Leave the dog alone he needs some space.It's going to take at least two days for him to be normal again.Let him sleep after all he had major surgery.By this time next week he will be back in shape.Go watch tv.Check out the animal planet. :hershey:
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Happy to hear Max is settling back in after his ordeal- poor little guy. I agree, I'd probably nip at someone too -

off topic- but when I read that it reminded me of the day I came home from the hospital after a major abdominal surgery. I was sitting on the couch waiting for hubby to get me upstairs to my bed. Sammie, the big-fatty cat had climbed into my lap to welcome me home. I was in a pain-med fog and it all happened so fast.... something spooked her and she used her back legs to springboard herself off my belly! I wanted to bite her (or anyone) reaaaally hard!
ouch ouch ouch

give Max gentle hugs from me :bfly:

[center]

[
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 09:33 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Glad to hear Max is home and things went well. He's a new man!

Life Is Short
Stay Awake For It! Caribou Coffee

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2003, 11:02 PM
Miss New Booty

Hi Melissa!
Aww poor Max, I hope he felt better this weekend!! I felt so bad when I had to take my dogs to get fixed, I was more nervous than them, LOL. Guess what happened when I got Kahlua fixed? He got soo depressed that a week later, he needed "doggie prozac" to get back in gear! LOL. I heard dachshunds take it pretty hard...poor thing. He was mopey the first 2 days which was understandable. Then, he was being stubborn with eating and peeing in different places when he never did that before. So, I had to take him back in for a follow up, and his urine test was fine, and she said he was depressed, it was a behavorial thing, and here's some doggie prozac! After about a week of his medicine he was better and she was totally right! Who would've thought!?! My girls did great, they were a little groggy that night, but the next day felt better, they even ate that night. It all depends on the dog. My cats Snuggles and Ginger were already fixed when I adopted them, but I got Smokie as a kitten, so I got him fixed, and brought him home... you would've never known he had surgery, he acted normal!!
Owwwww Deja! I can't imagine how bad that hurt. I know what u mean, when the cats use your stomach for a sprinting pad (Or whatever you would call that word?! Is sprinting pad a word?? lol )
Hope Max is feeling better, give him a doggie hug for me!

~* Jackie *~

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Poo dont scare me!!!

Hi all, its monday morning! Ha ha wish it was friday morning! LOL! Max is doing great and is jumping on the furniture already, so I have to keep a major watch on him. Him and Har are keeping pretty calm so thats good. Everythings good, and Im glad his neuter is overwith.

Deja, yeah I would probly be pretty ticked if my cat jumped of my tummy like that after a surgery! Ouch!!

Kittygurl823, thats pretty sad about your pup, I didnt realize it made Docksies so upset! Poor baby! Like your cat, when Gab got spayed, she was fine, and I dont even think she noticed!

And ummm...goldy??? What was that kind of response for? I know how to take care of my pets, its not like I am sitting there picking at his stitches or something. There are some times that you NEED to help your pet move, or get up and down things, like the car when we picked him up...I guess I just thought your comment was a little rude, like I was making my pet suffer because I was moving him or something. Our pets are like our children, and all we do is care for them, and make their lives the best it can be, so I guess I just thought your response was a little odd...saying that I should "leave the dog alone he needs some space. Go watch TV." ...seemed a little harsh for someone who is just caring for my dog.

~Melissa

Tags
animal planet