MY Pug Bubbles - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Hi My name is Jessica,

Me and my friend both have pugs, her is a male and mine is female. Bubbles (my pug) went in to her second heat and we tried mating them. she is a year old now. How can i tell if she is Pregnant or not.
Thanks
Love, Jess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 12:39 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hi Jessica. I don't know any other ways of knowing if a dog is pregnant besides going to a vet or when she is almost due as you will see her tummy grow and will beable to feel her stomach. Sorry I can't be of much help. But hope you get puppies and all goes well.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

THanks any way

Oh thats alright thanks for the reply any ways. I will have to get her to a vet. its just kinda hard because the nearest vet in like over an hour away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Glowing New Mommy

Little piece of advice for you.. you should not breed any dog until they are at LEAST two years old... theyre still growing at a year.. and actually at that young, death of mother and puppies is a possbility... and i dont think you should be breeding your two dogs just to make puppies... thats kinda selfish
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Fist of all We are Not breeding just to get puppies its to get the better breed we both have very good dogs with championship blood lines, good temperment,(The males temperment is better then the females.) And second of all we talked to a and he said that it would be fine to breed them as long as they are over a year. He also told me that most dogs dont stop fully developing and growing until there at least 3 to 4 years.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Glowing New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSsYcHilLa
He also told me that most dogs dont stop fully developing and growing until there at least 3 to 4 years.
Sure you can mate them over a year BUT you said so in your quote that they dont stop developing and growing until they're 3 or 4.. should you mate a dog whos not fully developed? it wouldnt hurt to wait a year or two... those champion blood lines arent going anywhere.... and IF they really have a champion bloodline in them, shouldnt you do more research as to how to know a dog has been successfully impregnated, and that sometimes, just once doesnt work before you go and irresponsibly mating them
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Has Delusions of Safety

acctually its that you shouldnt breed a dog until there second heat. So if this is her second heat then everything should be fine. You always want to have more then one mating with the two dogs. Sometimes the first will be successfull but most often not. When my grandparents raised Chihuahuas it sometimes took 3-4 mating before they took.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 11:45 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I've noticed that breeding purebreed dogs seems to be more difficult. What I mean is your dog can get out accidently and get pregnant by the dog next door in one mating, but if you're trying to breed your dogs the right way, it seems harder for it to go through okay. Just a little observation of mine... Did you have your dogs tested for genetic problems before you bred them? Let us know what you find out.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur

Tags
breed dogs