My Puppy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

My Puppy

This is my 9 month old female doberman, Phoenix. Well she's 3/4 doberman and 1/4 german sheppard. She very smart and extremely stubborn. The other dog in the first picture is my parents male pomeranian/jack russel terrier, Wesley.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 07:48 AM

She's a beauty.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

soooo pretty, I love the way Dobies look so regal gorgeous

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

She is so cute - I just love her ears!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 10:54 AM

I love the sideways grin in the last picture. Very pretty baby.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 11:11 AM

aww she's beautiful!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 12:30 PM

She's so beautiful.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

thanx, I think so too. She sure is a handfull, make that two handfulls, lol. Does anyone know of any toys that she won't be able to destroy by the end of the day. I tried many different kinds, her favorite is rope toys, but she wreaks them in a matter of hours.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 07:35 PM

My Daisy is like that. Any kind of stuffed toy ends up a sea of stuffing in minutes. Kongs are pretty indestructible, but Daisy tends to get bored with a toy if she can't make any progress at destroying it. Ropes last her for a little bit. She does shred them eventually, but it takes her a few days. I bought one of those giant rope balls (about a foot across), and she's taken a while untangling that.

I have a website where I've reviewed some products and rated them on how Daisy proof they are. Go to http://www.fuzzykids.com and click on the Cool Stuff for Dogs link and scroll down a little way.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko
Does anyone know of any toys that she won't be able to destroy by the end of the day. I tried many different kinds, her favorite is rope toys, but she wreaks them in a matter of hours.
My Bull Terriers are really strong chewers. They've destroyed every stuffed animal and rope toy they've come in contact with. The only things that satisfy them are Kongs stuffed with peanut butter and treats. It keeps them busy for hours!

Your Dobie is gorgeous by the way, and I love her name!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Leo

I love the 1st pic where you can really see the Dobie in her and then the last two where you can totally see German shepherd Dog in her... what a pretty dog... I also like the little pom mix... kinda looks like my little guy Leo....
At 9 months she is going thru her teenage years and will probably be a handful for the next few months, with consistent training she will eventually outgrow being stubborn by somewhere between 1 & 2years of age.
As for a good non destructible toys I strongly recommend Kong's filled with peanut butter and treats & kibble... just remember if you fill the Kong with and food to subtract that amount of food from her regular feedings otherwise she could become overweight. Another good toy that a lot of people rave about are the regular Nylabones these are supposedly as indestructible as the Kong... personally I prefer a Kong over anything.... Please do not ever leave a dog alone with rawhide (major choking hazard), rope toys or any toy that they could break off and possibly ingest pieces from or you could have to deal with an intestinal blockage (no fun & expensive surgery to fix).
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Phoenix is gorgeous!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Stupidity

Quote:
Please do not ever leave a dog alone with rawhide (major choking hazard), rope toys or any toy that they could break off and possibly ingest pieces from or you could have to deal with an intestinal blockage (no fun & expensive surgery to fix).
I had an incident with choking...quite scary! I let her in from outside and she started going nuts eating anything in sight. She ate some green cloth, chocolate bar wrappers and then she ate some hard plastic, I couldn't stop her. Then she started to choke and I didn't know what to do. She kept coughing, to try and get the plastic out and then she fell to the ground and stopped breathing. I had no idea what to do, I was freaking out. Then she started to cough again and got the plastic out.....thank goodness! Now I'm very scared when she chews on certain things.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:23 AM

Awww, she's got puppy written all over her!! She's beautiful!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Leo

Nikko have you ever tried giving her a Kong? .... I also had a horrible experience with choking... It was with rawhide... I used to let my bigger dogs play with rawhides and whatever toys they wanted to.. UNTIL the day I found Ed choking on the floor with a piece of rawhide swelling in his throat (rawhide swells when wet... try putting a piece in water and watch what happens)... he could have died if I wasn't home.. i had to open his mouth and reach all the way into the back and grab out the piece of rawhide... this was a horrible experience and nothing I would ever want to repeat or have happen to anyone else.... my dogs are no longer given rawhide (even with me watching) and the only toys I give them are Kongs or regukar Nylabones when left alone & rope toys while under supervision also balls & frisbees.

Tags
bull terrier, bull terriers, german shepherd, german shepherd dog, jack russel terrier, stuffed animal