my puppy fell of the couch! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

my puppy fell of the couch!

Hi everyone....I stumbled upon this forum when I was looking for info about my puppy. Anyways the reason why I'm posting is because my puppy Troy, who is a pomeranian fell of the couch today. I rushed him to the vet and he broke two bones in his leg. He has to get a cast and he is now staying over night at the vet. But so much has been running through my head and I am so worried about him. Troy and I are inseparable and I think I'm the one with separation anxiety! I am so curious about some stuff and I was wondering if there was anyone out there previously in this position. What should I expect when he gets back home? Will he be sleepy? groggy? tired? He will be taking pain meds and I want to know how that will affect him. Also last thing, he hasn't received his second batch of shots and I wonder if he can get any disease while at the vet overnight. Sorry I have so many questions, I'm just a worried and frantic mother
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

He should be ok, when he gets back home you will want to limit his activity some so he can heal well. The vet will tell you all you need to know they won't just pass him back and wish you luck .

The only thing he would possibly catch from the vet is kennel cough possibly but that is unlikely. He will probably be just fine . How old is he? if he isn't over due on his shots than he should have an ok immunity already from the first set.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks so much! He's back home and every time his leg moves he yelps. its so sad to see but I'm keeping him confined to limit his activity and giving his pains meds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 01:06 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

is he not in a cast?

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 01:42 AM
I am allergic to maths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
is he not in a cast?
Thats what I thought!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

How's Troy now? So sorry for what happened to him, what was the vet's advice about his legs?

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!

Tags
broke, fell, leg, puppy