My Sheltie Pup - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

My Sheltie Pup

Hi I'm Pretty new Here, but I just wanted to see If there were any other sheltie lovers on here. Also I was wondering if anybody could tell me if my sheltie pup is purebred. He didn't come with any papers, we got him at an Amish farm, no it wasn't a puppy mill, I checked. So I'm going to post some pictures, Comment even if you don't know.

His name is Snickers, he is about 19 weeks now, so he was maybe 14-15 weeks in the pictures. I can't get the pictures any smaller than that, even when I resized them, so hopefully they go through.

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 07:55 PM
RAT ADDICT

He is cute!
He looks purebred.

I always liked the breed.Shelties were a favorite of mine when I was younger.I prefer bigger dogs now tho.Shelties are still cute,just not the breed for me.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

so so so cute look at those ears lol so sweet

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 04:12 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww he looks like a purebred and he is absolutely gorgeous with a capital G lol

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 02:38 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

He is a stunner

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 08:47 PM

Shelties are so pretty! I love yours, looks like a real doll
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Will It Ever Change?

awwww such a sweetie!!! i wuv her little nose

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

He definitely looks like a purebred Sheltie! I had one for 12 years, they are a joy. Have fun with him.

Keep taking pics and get him used to the camera because mine was afraid of it, lol!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Snickers sure is a cutie!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Leo

Quote:
Hi I'm Pretty new Here, but I just wanted to see If there were any other sheltie lovers on here. Also I was wondering if anybody could tell me if my sheltie pup is purebred. He didn't come with any papers, we got him at an Amish farm, no it wasn't a puppy mill, I checked. So I'm going to post some pictures, Comment even if you don't know.
To honestly answer your question of if he is pure bred:
He may be pure bred... he might not be... as a puppy and off from a picture it is often hard to tell .. Based on the odds with him coming from an Amish Farm I am going to say he is not 100%.... You probably can not register him the AKC and more than likely with him being from an Amish farm that his parents came from a different Amish farm/puppy mill and were not tested against genetic defects and quite possibly were not pure themselves. He is probably mostly Sheltie, but most likely there is a little mixed breeding somewhere in his line. There is absolutely no guarantee coming from an Amish farm (whether they are a puppy mill or not) that he is 100% Sheltie.

Regardless of his breeding, He is here now and the most important thing is working with him on the training and socialization.

Even if he isn't pure bred he still is super cute!!!

Last edited by Leo; 10-15-2007 at 08:41 AM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks. If it helps, his mom and Dad both looked Ok. The mom didn't have her coat, but thats what they say happens after they have puppies. The only thing with the dad was that his ears flopped down instead of going up in the air like my puppies ears.

Oh well, I love him either way!

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

pure bred or not hes adorable!

My Furry Family

Tags
mixed breed, puppy mill, pure bred