My sisters new dog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

My sisters new dog

My sister and her boyfriend got a siberian husky last week!

He was a rehome from a guy who I guess just didn't want him anymore. They think he's around 5 years old, and his name is Jack. I guess the poor thing has gone through quite a few homes already and they suspect that he was abused somewhere along the line - but from what I hear he's a sweetheart and loves being around people. He's great with my niece and is already pretty well trained, which is a huge plus because I don't think my sister could have handled training a puppy along with taking care of her 1 and a half year old.

I have a picture of him with my sisters boyfriend, but the picture is pretty bad since it was taken with a camra phone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

so cute...I love Huskies o much they are just so pretty...I am glad hes in a good home now

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Will It Ever Change?

awww he's handsome!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:46 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

he looks lovely

Come see more of my fur babies at
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:57 AM
RAT ADDICT

He's beautiful!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 02:33 PM

oh! he looks amazing!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 11:27 PM

not to be a buzz kill, but I hope they read up on the breed... Sure, people love huskies because they're "so pretty" but they are a troublesome breed.. they need lots of exersize, lots of attention and can almost never be let off the leash ... I speak from experience.. I have two, a 13 yr old (who hopped the fence til she was about 11) and a 4 year old who is neurotic and eats and destroys everything left on the floor.. im NOT saying that this dog will be like that, but most huskies are given up because their owners cant handle their destructive behavior and just want them for their blue eyes, and looking like a wolf....
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Adolescent Pup

Yeah be sure you are ready for that

love ya all on Paw talk

Proud Mommy To

Dog Jewels Chihuahua JackRussel Mix 1 Year Old <3

Kitten Precious Jade
<3 Almost Three Weeks Old

Was A Mommy To
Cat Freckles Rip

Kitten Lucky Ran Away

Cat CQ Rip

Cat Carmel Rip Road Kill

Cat Doger Rip

Dog Bell Got Old Died

Puppy Daughter Of Bell Stormy Died Got Into Poisen

Puppy Sky Daughter Of Bell Died Got Sufficated Under Wood

Hamster Sunny Died To hot Outside Killed it

Hamster Chloe Died Horriable Nightstand Incident

Hamster Lana Died OLd Age

Hamster Midnite Died Idk Why

Hamster Kiara Died Lack Of water but i think old age

Parakeet Keshia Died Idk Why

Parakeet Keet Died Idk Why

Miss Them All terriaballie
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks for the warnings, but the dog is very well behaved and fits in great with their little family. I have actually done my reading up on the breed because I have wanted a husky for years, so I'm here to help her out if she needs any. My sister is a stay at home mom so she has tons of time to play with him, and her and the baby take him out for walks a couple of times a day - it's good for all three of them His prevous owners said that his only problem was that he has accidents in the house once in awhile, but he hasn't had a single accident since my sister got him, probably because she takes him outside so much. And he hasn't done anything destructive, he's a good boy. Plus my sister and the baby are both absolutly in love with him, he probably can't find the time to get into any trouble when they're both home giving him attention all day From what I hear, when he does finally get some alone time, all he wants to do is curl up and take a nap.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Will It Ever Change?

awww im so glad he's settling in well!! cant wait for more pics!!

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

He looks like a beautiful dog. I am so glad they decided to give him a good home.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemysibs View Post
not to be a buzz kill, but I hope they read up on the breed... Sure, people love huskies because they're "so pretty" but they are a troublesome breed.. they need lots of exersize, lots of attention and can almost never be let off the leash ... I speak from experience.. I have two, a 13 yr old (who hopped the fence til she was about 11) and a 4 year old who is neurotic and eats and destroys everything left on the floor.. im NOT saying that this dog will be like that, but most huskies are given up because their owners cant handle their destructive behavior and just want them for their blue eyes, and looking like a wolf....
I have bred these dogs for 16 years, and what you say isnt true, i truly beleive that there are no bad dogs just bad dog owners, i am not trying to say you are a bad owner change .i have 6 f them aand i have never leashed or tied them they can go outside by themselves and they donot leave my yard, they are very loyal and will NOT destroy anything if you train the right. And besides if you do not plan on giving your dog excersize , attentionn you should not have a dog.I totally disagree with you. If your dogs are like that you abviously didnt train them properly. As you can tell i get defensive when ever somebody gives WRONG nformation on animals , especially huskies. And they do NOT have destructive behavior. You just have to train them, Why dont people undestand that! yoou can have a 7 puond yorkie and it will be distructive if it doesnt get the right training and the right amount of excersize! All of the information you have givin is false. YOu OBVIOUSLY do NOT know what you are talking about. I just cant get over the fact that you called huskies destucticve!:S:S
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 01:52 PM

wow, that pissed me off
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Will It Ever Change?

chill out girl

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Breeding for temperament also has some "say" in how a dog acts. Don't take it too personally, everyone has different experiences. It's best though to know if a breed is known for being very active. Many dogs do end up in shelters simply because they are too active for the owner.

Many breeds are known for being "busy" which equals "destructive" if they get bored. It's not that she was knocking the breed, I think she was just trying to warn people that they are a lot of work. I'm sure she likes the breed since she has 2 of them

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

Tags
dog owners, siberian husky