My "smart" doggie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

My "smart" doggie

I don't post pictures of my animals much but a little while ago I got a mailing from DELL. They had these stickers in it and Mandie wanted to be a representative of DELL. (note: this didn't hurt her, the stickers hardly stuck at all in the first place ^^; )

Mandie is a Shetland Sheepdog. Tho she is so tall and long and skinny that I would more likely call her a Miniature Collie. She hardly resembles most shelties at all. We got her from a Hobby breeder in '98 and when we brought her home discovered she had mange. She had been treated for that but flakes alot when only slightly scared. Also, the hobby breeder kept all of the dogs together and they formed a "pack" so we have had major dominance issues. She's taken a while but has finally figured out that I (16) and my mom are the ones in charge. She would try to dominate over me.
She's 7 years old and still goin strong! Fit as anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mandy1.JPG (33.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg mandy2.JPG (34.9 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaaawwwww cute pics, glad to hear she found a good home with you and you got her over her problems

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

oops meant to say almost 7 years old =/ but she's already graying LOL poor thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 05:55 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

How tall is Mandie at the shoulders? (As soon as I find my measuring tape I'll measure Seamus, hehe. He needs it anyway. )

I have a sheltie myself. Though, from my experience, American shelties tend to be taller and more robust than the European shelties.

Mandie's quite a pretty girl, and you just tell her the grey gives her character. Or maybe tell her she's turning into a Blue Merle sheltie!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

She's 15.5 inches. Which is actually in the range for the akc standard...but she just looks big. All the shelties around here are tiny and poofy and she's tall and flat. LOL
Her nose is longer and her whole face is longer than most shelties i see. Including akc standard shelties.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2005, 10:23 AM

Cute!!