Hi everyone, just checking in real quick from Jeff's parent's computer.
Mirra did not have surgery yet, it's supposed to happen sometime this afternoon....maybe even as I type this. Anyway, she needs to have a plate put in and about 12 screws. I told them my concerns after what happened to Riley and they said that instead of an echocardiogram, they can just do chest x-rays to see if her heart is formed properly, enlarged, ect. So, I agreed to that.
They're going to do an epidural on Mirra so they don't have to knock her out as deeply, so that makes me feel better, plus she shouldn't have any pain for at least 12 hours afterwards with the epidural.
We can't see her today after surgery because they don't want her to get excited and possibly hurt herself, but if everything goes ok she can go home tomorrow.
Everyone was very nice there and while we were waiting in the lobby 5 staff members came out to see Mirra. When we were in the exam room another doc came in and said he heard there was a Bull Terrier in the building and he just HAD to come see her. She's a star there.
I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to hop back on the computer after the surgery for an update, but I'll sure try!
Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers everyone!