My worst fear has now become reality - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Thanks for the update Steph!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Hi everyone, just checking in real quick from Jeff's parent's computer.

Mirra did not have surgery yet, it's supposed to happen sometime this afternoon....maybe even as I type this. Anyway, she needs to have a plate put in and about 12 screws. I told them my concerns after what happened to Riley and they said that instead of an echocardiogram, they can just do chest x-rays to see if her heart is formed properly, enlarged, ect. So, I agreed to that.

They're going to do an epidural on Mirra so they don't have to knock her out as deeply, so that makes me feel better, plus she shouldn't have any pain for at least 12 hours afterwards with the epidural.

We can't see her today after surgery because they don't want her to get excited and possibly hurt herself, but if everything goes ok she can go home tomorrow.

Everyone was very nice there and while we were waiting in the lobby 5 staff members came out to see Mirra. When we were in the exam room another doc came in and said he heard there was a Bull Terrier in the building and he just HAD to come see her. She's a star there.

I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to hop back on the computer after the surgery for an update, but I'll sure try!

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers everyone!

Rhonda

post #48 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 11:41 AM

Sounds like she is in very good hands. I can't wait until she is safe recouperating at home with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Im glad everything seems to be going well! I hope she does great and isnt in too much pain after her epidural wears off...hugs to you and Mirra.

post #50 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 04:41 PM

Thanks for the update Rhonda. I hope the surgery went well and that ya'll will be home safe and sound tomorrow. Still thinking of you!
post #51 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 04:59 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Best of luck.
post #52 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I am so glad they are taking such good care of both of you...and I will continu to think of her and you and sending all kinds of good vibes

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #53 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 06:00 PM

Sorry about your PUP

[FONT=Verdana]im so sorry to hear that you are going through that....I feel your pain trust me....About 6 months ago I was walking my "little man" and as we were walking in the house he caught a squirrel out of the corner of his eye and took off....i live on a main road in queens N.Y....and he ran right out into the street....next thing i see is my baby fly into the air then hit the ground and just roll....i took off but he got up and ran to me and then just plopped down and let out cries that i never knew existed in a dog...he started foaming at the mouth and then he started to fall asleep... I was hysterical..thank god my fiance heard all the commotion and ran outside..plus he heard me screaming...needless to say the *** took off..people were yelling to me to take down the plate # but honestly i didnt care about that at that moment..so we rushed him to the puppy hospital and they took him right in bc it was 7:30am on a sat..we got there b4 they opened and we backed up there whole day..thay did xrays nothing was broke but he was cut up pretty bad and his back hey had tire marked and gashes and his tail was crooked...they kept him there until 8pm that night when we went to visit during the day i kept losing it bc he was laid out on a bed hooked up to 3 iv's and he had a catheter in...he was so out of it i just put my head next to his and told him how much we loved him and how much his sister wanted him to get strong so they can play and he just kept licking my nose...but i took off a whole week..i did not want him to be alone..hes not human he cant fend for himself he needed his mommy and i was right there....the funny thing is that my other dog TRIXIE was so sad bc she heard everything and she knew something was up when we got back from the hospital w/o him and me and my fiance were both crying and she sat at the door no lie crying occassionally until we came home and usually they play so rough but she knew she was so gentle and she stayed by his side 27-7. it was amazing to watch them...
anyway..sorry about the long story...but i read your post and my i felt your pain and wanted to share with you...good luck with everything..keep us updated....
bye bye
post #54 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 06:33 PM

Glad to hear the update. We'll be thinking of you both.
post #55 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 07:18 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

i'm happy that the dr's office sounds so great. the people sound very caring. i'm sure she will be just fine and you guys will be in my thoughts for a quick recovery (so she can go back to tearing up the house. )

post #56 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

I know Rhonda hasn't made it on yet... but I thought I'd let you know that as of around 2pm (central time) this afternoon... Mirra was out of surgery & was doing GREAT!! It looks like she will be home tomorrow!!
post #57 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 11:47 PM

thats great news thank you for letting us know kay!!! Speedy recovery for Mirra!!!!
post #58 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 11:52 PM

That is wonderful news. I'm so glad to hear it.
post #59 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

That's great for Mirra! Hope the recovery is fast

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #60 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Thats great!

Tags
broken leg, bull terrier, vet tech, veterinary medicine