my young at heart pooch - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

my young at heart pooch

this is my first time introducing my puppy... shes ten years old but young at heart and i love her to death. occasionally she limps put as soon as you ask her if she wants to go outside and play fetch she acts like a puppy. we havnt switched her food over to a senior food. my mom that she only limp when her joints are sore during weather changes, and thats when lady (my pooch) limps. shes half american escamo and german sheaperd (she basically looks like mini german sheapered if there was such a thing. would it be approprate to switch her food, my parents feed her lamb and rice stuff, and i was going to see if there was a good senior dog food any suggestions or should i just continue to feed her the same stuff. i do have some pictures if you would like to see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 12:43 AM

I would love to see pics.

At 10 years old, I think she could definitely use a good senior food. Make sure she has a soft, cushiony bed for when here joints ache . Also you may want to ask your vet for recommendations for a something to help with her achiness such as a glucosomine supplements or anti-inflammatories. Supplements work best if they are put into the system BEFORE arthitis gets too bad.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

heres some pictures of my partner in crime, my baby, my best friend, lady aka ladybuggers or ladyboogers or bug or booger... shes got some gray whiskers, and a lot of the german sheaperdness has been dulled witht he gray but shes still spunky. ok i was going to post pictures but i shrunk them and they started looking weird a boxie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ladybuggers (500 x 375).jpg (51.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg my partner in crime (371 x 413).jpg (48.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Ready set bark (371 x 495).jpg (59.1 KB, 22 views)

Tags
dog food