New to board, looking for advice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

New to board, looking for advice

Hi, I am new to this board and am in search for advice on a skin disorder that my miniature dachshund has. Bogey is a male, 4 1/2 years old and about 2 1/2 months ago developed these pimple like bumps all over his back and hip. The vet basically said at first visit that it was like an adult acne and put him on an antibiotic along with a steroid shot. He was given another round of antibiotics and then prednisone. The bumps then started to crust over. At this visit, a month later, he was given another steroid shot and was sent home with a medicated shampoo. The vet said that it had turned into a yeast infection on his skin.

No better so another visit to the vet and was put on an anti-fungal pill. He had a bad reaction to this prescription so we discontinued it and the vet recommended a biopsy which was done yesterday. He now has 7 stitches and is terribly uncomfortable.
I am frustrated because of the time that has elapsed and the lesions have actually gotten worse instead of better.

Is there anyone else that has experienced this type of skin disorder? The did do a thyroid check which came back normal. I hope that the biopsy will tell us something and that it will be something that is treatable. Our loving little boy has become miserable.
Hope to hear some advice......
Thanks,
Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I have never had to experience anything like this, but I'm sure if anyone here in PT has they would be happy to help Sorry I am of no help,
Good luck and to PT!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!