New Chihuahua need advice please.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2003, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Angry New Chihuahua need advice please....

Hello all. I recently got a 6 week old female chihuahua. I now understand that is a bit young to get them. She is doing well though, eating and all. She doesn't want to drink her water though. I have to almost force some in her with a little eye dropper. I got her some Pedialyte thinking she might like the flavor but she doesn't want it either. Is there anything else I should try? I water down her food so she is getting some liquid, but it worries me she doesn't want to drink it alone.

Also, I am pretty sure she has tapeworms. (great huh? ugh). I found one in her stoole last night and another one today. I plan on getting her to the vet on Monday but is there anything I should be concerned about until then?

Any other helpful advice anyone has is more than welcomed. Thanks in advance. Phoebe (the puppy) and I appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Oops, here's the other post I missed! I think you're doing good with the pedialyte, maybe keep trying to get some in her with the dropper till you can get her to the vet. Definetly keep an eye out for other signs of something wrong (lethargy, vomiting, diahrrea...) and if other thing sypmtoms show up before then, get to an emergency vet!
That sucks about the worms I don't think there's much you can do about it until the vet gives you a dewormer, but I'm sure she'll be ok until you get to the vet monday. I don't know if you have other dogs, but I would keep her seperate if you do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yeah I agree with Becki. Oh and congrats on your new pup!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

No, she is the only doggy. She acts fine, eats good, plays a lot. She does have really smelly poos sometimes though. They aren't runny or anything, but could that have something to do with the worms? I guess I can ask the vet tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I hope the vet gets everyting fixed up for you! Please let us know what he says!

Tags
emergency vet