new collar i found - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

new collar i found

well, i had to take chaquita's harness off of her. i don't know why, but it was irritating her skin. there was no hair under her arms (armpit areas) and on her chest there were red areas and what looked like little scabbed cuts.
so i went to get her a collar, but didn't want a nylon one because i thought that it might irritate her neck. so i ended up at petco and i found this collar, which is made by Animal Planet. it was called something like, a Squishy Collar or Squeezable Collar. they only make two colors, this blue (like i have) and a red version. it feels kinda like those chinese finger trapper thingies from about 10 yrs ago. there are no sharp edges. ok - it's like taking a tube of material and stuffing it with pillow stuffing.
she likes it and it hasn't irritated her at all. so if anyone out there needs a more comfortable collar, this would be a good idea.
sorry this was so long. i just don't know how to explain it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Proud New Mommy

woah

That's neat!
We just had to do the same thing with Mugzlee's harness. Now he only wears his collar.. at least until it gets better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I wonder why the harness was irritating her, glad you found something better for her to use.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Mia
Formerly Known as Nico

does she have problems with Flea products.Sounds like she has baby skin and you will have to give xtra TLC which I am sure she will love lol
Great collars I use them too

:rainbow:
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 11:30 AM

Those look like great collars but I think my dogs would see those as chew toys. I can't even use the adjustable ones with the plastic clasp, they love to show each other how they can release the clasps and chew on them. If I only had one I would probably could use them but since they are partners in crime forget it!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I agree, those look like awesome collars! I will have to look for them. Jack has a collar fetish Max wears his bright orange hunting collar - which isn't too classy looking. I love to put the big boys in matching collars (because I am a dork)

I wonder if that kind of collar would be ok for Remy? Her harness is too big - and it's the smallest one that I have been able to find. I know I have to be careful because she has a soft trachea. hrrm! Thanks for showing that collar, I will check them out!

[center]

[
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 05:54 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja
Jack has a collar fetish

Quick! Take Jack's credit card away before he goes collar shopping!

~ Jodi ~

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

i don't know if they had them small enough for yorkies. you should be able to find a harness. have you looked online?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 12:54 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Jodi!! You should have seen him yesterday when Jim came home with his new license tag to put on his collar! You'd think he was being given a huge hunk of prime rib or something! He is such a weenie!!

Formula - the harness brand that you mentioned in another post (darn it's late and I am drawing a blank) - anyway - that is the exact harness I got for her. I got it at Petsmart and it is the smallest size they sell. Her right leg always slips out of it! arrgh!
So while I put it on her to get her used to wearing it - I have to watch her like a hawk to make sure her leg doesn't slip. It's just slightly too big. I know she will grow into it...
but I want a cute harness for her now

I will check around online - I did find an adorable sweater and tee-shirt at a site Jodi told me about... just too cute, and small enough!! Sized from 2 to 6 pounds- perfect!
I wonder if she is even 2 pounds yet!? I see the vet on Monday - I know she has grown. I can tell by the things she can do now!

blah, blah, blah here I am blathering again

[center]

[
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 01:32 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

lmbo at linda!!! Collar fetishes..how cute!!! And if i had more than one dog I'd want them to match too!!lmbo

Too lazy to even think of a siggy

Tags
animal planet, chew toy, chew toys