New Dog! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

New Dog!

A woman at work told me that her brother has a Rat Terrior that he decided he didn't really want anymore. Well, he didn't find the poor dog a home, he just threw him outside in a pen. He has lived outside for a year now. Rat terriors are definaly not outside dogs, I dont think any dog is an outside dog. She said she felt really bad about it and told her brother she was going to find a new home for it. SO I told her I would take him and give him to my mom. She has a 16 year old rat terrior mix. Got him today, he is a little too skinny and was very very stinky. His legs are also a little deformed, probably got him from a backyard breeder. Other than that he is a great little guy. His name was Noodles but my mom has changed it to Charlie. My mom has a huge yard and he had never gotten to run outside of his tiny pen. WELL he ran laps around her whole yard for about 10 minutes. It was very funny. Anyway, I just wanted to share. Here are a couple pics of the cute guy.

Here he is playing with my dog Bruce.

Here he is w/ Katie and Bruce, my dogs.

Here w/ Chelsea(purple harness, moms dog) and Bruce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Oh he is precious! Enjoy him!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

What a cutie! I'm glad he has a good home now.

Rhonda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 10:14 PM
RAT ADDICT

What a precious little thing...glad you took him in!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

aww he is so cute

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Charlie is so cute! Good for you and your mom for taking him from that situation.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I just got back from my mom's. He is doing really well. He has never worn a collar though and chewed his new harness off. oops, lol. My mom said he slept with her last night and he couldn't get close enough. Im so happy for the little guy, it doesn't seem like he misses his old home at all. He has to goto the vet though, he seems to have a little cherry eye, and he has diarrhea. Unfourtunatly there was a little blood in his diarrhea, hopefully its nothing serious. Also he has never ate hard food, they only fed him canned, whenever they fed him, he is so skinny. He has a great personality, I wish he lived with me, lol.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 06:36 PM

Such a cutie! I am glad you gave him a great home.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 11:38 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Poor little guy
Glad he's got a great home now!

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 01:22 AM

Awww....who could put that cute little guy outside. I'm so glad you gave him a home. hehe...he reminds me of a little cow. I love his coat! He's such a sweetheart. Congrats and Good Luck!
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

He looks so happy now, I hope he doesn't have anything serious wrong with him. Keep us posted!

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 08:27 PM

He is soo cute!! It is soo great that your mom could take him in!!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 09:46 PM

he is so cute so glad he has a good home now. he probably didn't know what to think about a warm bed. i don't understand people who can do that to an animal, some people shouldn't be allowed to own them.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

I agree, I don't get it. If they didn't want him anymore fine, at least try to find him a new home. Instead they threw him outside forever till someone else decided to rehome him. Oh well, he is a happy little guy now.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 08:22 AM

He's a cute little guy! I'm so glad he has a good home now. Who gets a pet and then throws it out in the backyard or kennel to live? Thats not having a pet! I'm so happy for Charlie and your mom!

Tags
guinea pig, rat terrier