New dog Killer :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

New dog Killer :)

I think I talked about this in another thread but I'll retell my little story.

A couple of years ago my stepsister got a new dog. She hasn't paid any attention to the dog since she brought him home. My mom took over the responsibility and the dog pretty much lived with her for the past 3 years. My stepsister and mom lived in the same apartments. Well my mom moved out and she left her dog there in the apartment because she didn't want to separate the two dogs. They were leaving the dogs in the care of my stepsister who really has no concept on how to take care of animals. My sister's idea of good care was letting the dogs out everyday and letting them in at night. They were staying in an empty apartment and staying outside all day. My mom called me and said that she didn't want to take Killer but she wanted to take her dog to her new house. It really wasn't fair to either of the dogs, and of course my parents wanted their dog. I agreed to take Killer if he got fixed and his shots were up to date. My mom said that she would help me take care of him if anything happens.
I got him kind of early but I was fed up with how he was being neglected. He's a good dog but starved for attention and he just needs people to be around him. I have to house train him again because he lost all that when my sister was locking him in the apartment all night. He has had a long day today, he got a bath (he was filthy, the rinse water was brown) and he went to petsmart. I stayed at my boyfriend's house all day and I finally brought him home where he will be living. He has a little bit of diarrhea but I think that is from him being stressed/upset. When he had to go out he went and whined at the door. That's a good thing. His name is Killer and he's a chihuahua/pomeranian mix. I think he looks more like a chihuahua though.

I'll have to take more pics later because my camera is charging. Here is one that my boyfriend took earlier.

*Missy*

Last edited by pinkie1205; 02-13-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

he is cute, your title scared me... New dog killer .... yikes!

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 04:42 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congrats on teh new dog! I hope everything goes well. ^^

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 05:16 AM
Betta Bomb

Im glad he's got a new home.He will be far happier with you congrats!! His attention disorder is probably normal since he's now getting attention and stuff.Good for you,girl!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 11:22 AM
RAT ADDICT

Good luck with him!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

As of right now he's doing okay. He gave me a big scare earlier because my boyfriend was holding him and when he went to put him down, killer jumped and slid of the floor and did a total face plant. He started crying and I freaked out. I think it hurt him really bad but other then that I think he is fine. He's going to the vet on monday and as long as nothing horrible happens between now and then I'm just going to ask the vet to check his jaw and make sure everything is okay.

Right now it's 1am and he hasn't pooped since about this time last night but he hasn't really eaten anything either. He ate a bit of dog food and he has been eating treats so I'm blaming it on the stress thing. He is kind of restless now because I spent all day at my boyfriends house and he hasn't had the full run of my house yet. I think he's going to have to get used to it because when I'm home I spend the majority of the time in my room and I'm going to have to watch him because of the potty training thing.
I have been thinking about crate training him because I go to school and I"m not home all day every day. There are other people here but I don't trust them enough to take him outside. Our yard isn't completely fenced and he will have to go on the leash. Actually I prefer it that way so I KNOW that he pottys outside. My dad isn't too thrilled that he is here so I'm trying to keep it kind of like he isn't here, so no peeing and pooping in the house. I know my dad will warm up to him but I don't want to give my dad a reason to say he can't stay here.
I've had a dog before but it wasn't really on my own (more of a family dog I guess) so this is new stuff for me. I know I'm not that unprepared but it's still new and kind of stressful for me too. I'm really glad that he isn't wild and hyper. He listens to me pretty well. I don't want to turn him into one of those chihuahua people haters that only love their owner though. I don't think he'll come to that, he'll be around people all the time.

Sorry for the title..lol..I went back to edit it to make it sound better but it was too late.

*Missy*
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

what a cutie...I am so glad you opened your home and heart to him

lol I gotta say the title had me wondering to lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Awwww he is cute!
congrats!
xxxx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 12:47 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...he will come around.He is just stressed.I hope all goes well at his appointment!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Now I just have to get the cat used to him.

*Missy*
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Congrats on the new addition! I hope he settles in soon. I'm so glad he's got a great home now.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Well he went to the vet today. He has a minor heart murmur that the vet said should be okay unless I start seeing symptoms of it getting worse, such as him being tired all the time and coughing after he gets up from laying down. She said on a scale from 1-6 it's a 1 so it's very minor. She said she almost couldn't hear it.
He has a sprain or is starting to get arthritis in his paw. She told me to give him low dose aspirin and a benedryl a day (because he licks it all the time) and he should feel better.
I'm glad his vet visit went okay and tomorrow I'm going to schedule his neuter. I'm hoping that can get done soon.

So, I am very very upset at this situation. Because of my stepsister's lack of care and not giving a crap whether the dogs peed or pooped outside, my mom's dog kind of lost his concept of being house trained. He hasn't gone on the floor since he was a puppy and today at my mom's house he peed in her living room twice. My mom is very upset because he has been housetrained for over 10 years and now it's gone. What's sad is she could leave him in the house for 14 hours and he wouldn't pee. He would have to go really badly but he would always wait to go outside.

If my stepsister brings another dog home I'm going to shoot her.

*Missy*

Tags
killer