New Family Member!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Blu

Talking New Family Member!!

Recently I got a call from my Aunt who had a friend who was getting a divorce and moving to town. She had 4 Schnauzers and she couldn't keep them all. It got to the point where she couldn't really take care of them like they deserved, funds are tight you see. So I took one off her hands. He is almost 4 years old. His name is Zoey and he is the newest member of our family. Zoey talks constantly... sounds like growling but is more of a purring sound... he does it mostly when you pet what I call his "sweet spots". You know the ones....where you pet them and the back leg tremmors uncontrolably? LOL When I got him, he had a few matts in his hair, and fleas..omy at the fleas. So I bathed him...trimmed him and now he is a stud muffin! Anyway... I thought you guys would like to meet my Zoey.ANYWAY..... Before...

and after!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:36 PM

He is lovely.
I have a puppy Schnauzer but not a mini.
He barks all the time and loves to eat poo but he is just the most adorable thing.
He is need of a hair cut.
How often do you cut your dogs hair?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 04:44 PM

Red face

Congratulations he is gorgeous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Blu

Quote:
How often do you cut your dogs hair?
I trim my babies about every 6 weeks...when they start looking a little shaggy...that way I keep my pattern and don't have to start fresh hehe He is a great addition to our home.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 02:32 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

congrats!!! he looks so much better now that you have him!

what happened with the other 3?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 04:44 AM

I do not think I would dare cut my dogs hair.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Blu

Quote:
what happened with the other 3?
She gave one to her sister..one to her aunt and she was able to keep one. She wouldn't even let me see the others. She said they weren't friendly and would bite.
I have to wonder if that's the case..or if there were matted and flea covered like my little fella was. He wasn't bad..but you could tell he did not get a regular brushing. Poor thing acted like he had never seen a brush!!!

Quote:
I do not think I would dare cut my dogs hair.
Why not? I am not a pro by any means... The way I got started is I had a pup that hated going to the groomer, but he did fine for me when I bathed and brushed and dried him. So I thought...if he will do this...then maybe he will let me do the trimming too. Turns out he felt better with me doing it than a stranger. I have been lucky, I haven't ever cut any of my babies, but I also use a guard on the clippers. I am not perfect by any means..but they look alot better trimmed up then all shaggy lol Also, I researched a bit online for recomendations on "HOW" before I got started.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

blu - this makes me think of how bad i am at cutting hair! trust me...i tried w/my yorkie. she came out looking like she's been attacked by a weed wacker! never again!! plus, she's muuuch better with a stranger cause she feels like she can misbehave with me. when she goes to the groomer she is a little scared and behaves.

no one wants me to cut her hair, though, cause she looks so bad!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww! Zoey is gorgeous!!!! Such a cutie!

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwwww Zoey is such a cutie, congratulations

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Zoey is a sweetie, I like the name too!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Blu

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for it, but as I am his "2nd Mom" I can't lol Hubby doesn't like his name at all, he says it is a girls name, so he calls him "Joey" lol
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Adorable! Congrats on the new addition!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congrats on the new dog!
He's adorable.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!