New German Shepherd pup! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

New German Shepherd pup!

Hi, I am so excited!! We just got an 8 week old German Shepherd puppy last Saturday. We were calling him Shadow b/c he was liturally glued to us for about the first four days now he isn't so i am not sure wut we want to name him.

Any ideas on wut to name a black GS puppy? We were thinking like Koda or dakoda, we wanted a name that idk sounded like it belonged to a GS not a little toy poodle or something lol (nothing agaist poodles in fact i am petsitting two standard poodles right now thats why the name came to me! lol)

Any help??? Thanx!!!

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

kaydoh.... like kay-dough

[/CENTER]

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks an interesting name, do you know what it means?

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

naw... but i thought it was cute and kind sounded like koda

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Adolescent Pup

you come here annoucing you have a GSD pup and NO PICTURES!!!!!!! An outrage I tell you!!! I demand pictures!!! lol

I am so envious of you it's not even funny

Some of my names that I have picked out for my next GSD:
Roan (pronounced Row-an)
Griffin
Grissom
Titus
Goliath
Lucius
Drake or Drako
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 04:41 AM

congrats on the puppy!! i would give you ideas on names but to be honest i'm awful at it and my pets always end up with really strange names xD
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 AM

Try this cool link: http://german.about.com/library/blhunde01.htm

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
naw... but i thought it was cute and kind sounded like koda
Hey, I found the meaning of it:
Kado
Information about this name:
Meaning: Gateway.
Personality Plus: One who is wild, fun and loving.

The complete opposite of my pup.

Yesterday we went to a two hour soccer game and he slept throught it, then we went straight to the park for my little sisters b-day party and for 5 hours he basically slept but occassionaly he would get up and explore but he is the laziest puppy i have ever seen at 9 weeks!! lol But i do still like that name!

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Oh, i also found a meaning of Koda; Last born, Mothers Pet

He is my moms all the way! She has always wanted a GSD puppy and now she has one and he is basically her dog! lol

Any more suggestions??

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 11:51 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...and just where are the pictures???

I like the name Shadow.
But I also like the names Koda and Dakota.
There was a police dog here,a black GSD named Storm! Thats another good name.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I will get pics asap i am not at my house though! I am pet sitting now and i don't have any of my pics on her computer! but i promise as soon as i get home i will put some pics on here of him!

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Adolescent Pup

a lazy/lethargic puppy could mean he has health issues...usually Upper Respitory infection...has he been to a vet yet?
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

yeah hes been to the vets a couple days b4 we got him and he got all checked out and got his first shots, and he is all good. He is just lazy! lol right now is is playing with his stuffed toy and trying to play tug-o-war with our 1 yr old sheltie!! So i guess he was just wore out from all the excitment as that was his first time around a lot of people!

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

i am going to try to post some pics, if it doesn't take to long they will be on here!!

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\2008-09-21\102_2867.jpg[/IMG]

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

Tags
german shepherd puppy