new name and aggression - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

new name and aggression

well lets just get this all written in one thread I just got a male pomeranian names Tallow "Tay-Lo" he is such a sweetie towards me but he seems to snap if anyone else gets close to him he growls when he even sees someone else coming close to him. He hates being groomed he bites the brush and will bite my hand if i try and clip his nails so Im thinking about a muzzle when grooming. He doesnt like Guys he will bark and growl incessantly if he sees one. if he gets something in his mouth he will attack if you want to take it away. he humps my other dogs all the time (2 male shih tzus and a female chihuahua) if i grab his collar to stop him he will growl so ive had to pull the other dog away. ok well i thinks that all for the aggression I like his name but it is hard to remember Im thinking about either keeping it as is (nick name is Tay or taytay) or changing it to Denali (nickname nali ) any suggestions on the agression or choice of name? Ill have to post a few pictures of him soon (and add him to my siggy) =]]

Cat=1
Degus=2
Dogs= 4
Gerbils=8 (more on the way soon)
Hamsters=2
Parrot=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

pictures of Tallow

Here are some pics of my newest baby Tallow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 32.jpg (17.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 27.jpg (17.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 28.jpg (16.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 35.jpg (19.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 36.jpg (19.6 KB, 1 views)

Cat=1
Degus=2
Dogs= 4
Hamsters=2
Parrot=1
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Leo
Driving Diva

What was his background(how did you get him... was he abused by previous owners etc.)? How old is he? Is he neutered? Is he crate trained?

~Ignorance can be cured with education~

Mom to:
A little girl (6) and a little boy (4), and 2 dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gunner

Proud Coastie Sister!!
My brother is in Virginia at FT school !!

RIP Ed
October 2000-November 2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

as far as I know he hasnt been abused he is 4 years old he isnt fixed and he isnt crate trained

Cat=1
Degus=2
Dogs= 4
Hamsters=2
Parrot=1
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Playful Pup

Congrats on the new Baby..Getting him Fixed will help with some of those Aggressions, He does most of those things showing dominance, I would advice Obiedience Classes for him to help you control the issues of dominance and Getting him Fixed would also Help ALOT, and Im not saying it becuase I am against un fixed dogs, becuase I have a intact Min Pin but He has good background and I have studied the breed alot and inteed to breed him. If you aren't breeding him neutering is he best as he could get Testicular Cancer. Hope this helps, not sayig that you don't know about the neutering or didn't plan on doing it but you asked for help and unfixed dogs can have aggression issues

Proud Mom of:
Peyton- 2.5yr Old

Tyson- 5 yr old Miniature Pinscher

Dodger-8 Yr old Miniature Pinscher

Shiverz- 3 yr old DSH

Whisper- 2 yr old Siamese

Popperz-American Guinea Pig

Oh yes and My Husband Brian(He's as bad as the Kids)

R.I.P- Gunther- Netherland Dwarf Rabbit

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Newborn Pup

I have a 4mo.old male puppy chihuahua and he is starting to show aggressiveness towards my 5yr old chihuahua and also towards me.I got him a few weeks back for my female because she was always laying around and liking like she was lonely for something to play with,I tried to play with her but she would`n`t play back.We moved around lot over 2 years ago and i thought maybe that had something to do with it but when ever she would see another small dog she always wanted to make friends with it.Also she is fixed as been for 3 years now.So I saw this add for free chihuahua puppies and I went to look at them and this little guy just came running to me when I tried to pick up another female one and he jump right in my arms and started kissing me all over my face.So I knew he was my puppy from then on. He is very playful at all times full of energy.I play with him a lot to get him to calm down around my female, but he still treats her mean and bits on her and even takes dog food right out of her mouth and dog treats too right out of her month will not let her eat anything.I tried to crate him and he gets even worse yet.I put her in it then and that really pisses him off.He tries ever way in the world to get in there after what ever she is eating even thought he just ate the same thing.I am at the end of my ropes with this little guy.I love him to death, but will not have him treating my female bad,like he owns the house or me even.So what do I do to handle this so I can keep him?Also he as been very hard to potty train but here lately he is starting to show sign of getting the hang of it.Thank you......marilynk

Last edited by marilynk _50; 02-13-2011 at 02:46 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilynk _50 View Post
I have a 4mo.old male puppy chihuahua and he is starting to show aggressiveness towards my 5yr old chihuahua and also towards me.So what do I do to handle this so I can keep him?Also he as been very hard to potty train but here lately he is starting to show sign of getting the hang of it.Thank you......marilynk
Best thing you can do for a situation like this is to bring a behaviorist into your home. Allow them to see the dogs in their own environment and actions with each other and you.

Multi dog households can be challenging to balance but very rewarding when it all works. There won't be a quick fix it will take time and you have to be willing to go the distance for you, your 5yr old and the baby.

However, I do have to ask if there is a reason you have them sharing a crate if they don't get along just yet? Also, teaching "leave it" will help your pup learn some self control with treats. You don't want your 5yr old thinking she has to fend for herself with an energetic and hungry alligator mouth pup.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Newborn Pup

Should I get another crate he will not stay in this one it was just a try out to see if he would adjust to it like my female did when she was his age,also how long do I separate them and what do I do to go about it.She acts like she likes him and she whines when he is by himself because he will sat there and whine until she goes to him.I think they have their own way of talking back and forth that I do not understand.If I get another crate do i put her in one too?I mean she likes the crate,he doesn't.He was born in Oct 31 of last year and I just got him gave to me a few weekends ago and he as change a lot.He came from a home of a lot of small to medium dogs like him and she also had pin fins,they were really dark dark brown and ugly I thought.He is also so post to have pomeranian in him but i ca not see it and he is very small. Since she had like 4 small liters of puppies there and most of then chihuahua I think he is all that.His mother tho is a large Pomeranian or she said she thought that was his mom.I think she had to many puppies to know whos puppy was whos because if I can I will put his pict.on here for you to see what I mean and he will not get any bigger.That momma dog was mostly white long hair and does not look like him at all and he looks like the momma chihuahua she had there and not much bigger and same color as him.Thank you for replying back right now they are both asleep together on my heated closed in back porch still do not trust him on my carpet.Is that right to keep them in one room like that also ,I mean he will poop every where on my carpet and then she follows him some times and does it to and i thought she was house broke all the way since she is 5.I am confused now but and i want to keep him.She loves him most the time.Thanks again Marilynk.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Newborn Pup

mike812010 073.jpg

mike812010 061.jpg

mike812010 062.jpg

mike812010 063.jpg

Picture 055.jpg

these are my 2 babies she the last one,the black one and that when I first brought him home a few weeks back and he has`nt change any but attitude wise. thank you Marilynk
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Newborn Pup

also that is me holding him.Marilynk
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Part of the Pack

As far as how he came into this world all I have to say is wow, that is a lot of puppies for a house. I can only imagine that there was no shaping or training going on the first weeks of life for him. I would look at him as a blank slate knowing nothing other than what comes natural to him.

My suggestion would be to place two crates next to each other. Give each their own space. It will build confidence in the little one to learn it's ok being on his own. There are lots of great threads and other discussions in this forum on how to crate train a puppy. Crate training will help you speed up the potty training. As for your older one she is probably marking due to the puppy's mess and not really thinking the carpet is a free for all.

If you are having aggression issues I would separate them when you can't be there to watch over them.

Tags
aggression, names