? new puppy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Lightbulb ? new puppy

we just got a new puppy on monday he is 3.5 months old he is doing great with the whole house breaking bit. we go outside every hour and he has had no accidents but i would like to litter box train him how do i make the change and does he need his own box or can he share with our cats? thanks for any info and help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I wouldn't share with the cats as that is 2 different types of litters to be used, not to mention cats carry parasites in their bowels and this could result in a problem. Also from my knowledge of our dogs, they like the cat boxes a little too much if ya know what I mean.
Seeing as you just recently got the puppy he hasn't quite adapted to the house training bit yet, you might have a very good chance at teaching him to use a doggy litter box. Although what type of puppy do you have? As doggy litter boxes are not for all breeds, especially the medium to largers ones.
However I am no expert at this at all, and I'm sure there is somebody else here on PT like Deja that could be more advisable to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

he is a pomeranian/poodle mix. yes our bigger dog likes the cat box too much. thanks for the info what type of litter is best for dogs. we use cat meow for the cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Yesterday's news is a good idea for doggy litter, an online store that we frequently buy from has a puppy go potty system click there and you will get an idea as to what I am talking about....Best of Luck!!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

thanks for the link great info

Tags
litter box, litter boxes