New puppy coming soon! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

New puppy coming soon!

As some of y'all know, we've been looking for a German Shepherd puppy for a couple of months now. We lost our last GSD, Bach, back in April of this year. We searched breeders all over and finally found one that we liked. Amazingly enough, they were only about an hour away.

The pup is only 5 weeks old so he won't be ready to come home with us for another couple weeks. What beautiful puppies they are! The mother had a litter of 9 pups! We had to decide between the 4 males - and what a hard decision it was!! We chose one & paid so it's a done deal!

The sire is absolutely gorgeous! And he's a big boy - 115 lbs. The dam is smaller - approx 80-85 lbs. They are both black & tan. The parents had great temprements and the sire has high working drive (just like Bach did!!) so he'll keep us busy! lol

I'm SOOOO excited and happy! I can't wait till he can come home! Now I just have to come up with a name....any suggestions?

Here is a picture (sorry for the low quality) of the sire, his name is Sampson - isn't he cute?? No pup pics yet but don't worry I'll have plenty once he comes home!! lol

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 02:11 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

Yay! Another furbaby to spoil!

I'm not very good with names so can't help with that.

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures of him.

I've Been Frosted!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Formerly Known as Masterjack

On second thought..how about Rupert? Kinda like a big ol' teddy bear!

I've Been Frosted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I am SO happy for you!!! I know how much you've wanted to find this puppy!
YAY!! Oh I am sure he is gorgeous and I know you can't wait to bring him home!! His dad is beautiful!

I can't wait to see pictures!!:blob1:

Oh Jodi - Good Luck and congrats!! I couldn't be happier for you!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Jodi I am soo happy for you!! I had already suggested this in email... but I still say Sebastian sticks out in my head!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 03:29 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Congratulations! How exciting. When are ya gonna be able to bring him home?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 04:49 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

congratulations!!! how exciting!!! I can't wait to see pics!!!

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 07:48 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

oh congrats, glad you found one!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 07:54 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Whoo-hooooo ! A new puppy ... an early Christmas present, huh?

I can't wait to hear all your stories, I hope they're all good ones !

Sharon
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Thanks guys!

Two names that are on the top of the list are Manto & Brando. I've been getting tons of suggestions and I really appreciate guys!

I'm so excited I can't stand it! :blob5: Dang, the next couple of weeks are going to drag!!!!!

~ Jodi ~

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Congrats on the puppy! Let the count down begin.

You wouldn't happen to want a white GSD, would ya? My brother has one that his girlfriend just HAD to have, and now she doesn't pay attention to it.

Rhonda

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Congrats Jodi!! I can't wait to see puppy pics!

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 06:20 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Congratulations!!!!

How exciting! I know the feeling.
How about "Zeus" for a name? I thinks it's great name for male shepherd, not for a lab though- that's why I didn't use it.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 08:37 AM
Indecision Queen

Congratulations!!! I know how you feel, I had to wait for Owen (our Southern Flying Squirrels) to be born and then be big enough to come home! UGH! The anticipation is bad but you'll be so happy when he comes home. Just hang in there girl!!
I like Manto better than Brando. Have you done an animal name search on the internet? I didn't think they had anything like that but I found when looking for more 'Sesame Street' names.
Good luck!

~Angela and the group~
Oscar~ Male Crested Gecko
Burt~ Male Leopard Gecko
Ernie~ Male Leopard Gecko
Candy~ Female Ball Python
Gidget~ Female Leopard Gecko
Paige~ Female Cholcolate Chihuahua
Marley~ Female Harlequin Great Dane
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 10:59 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

How awesome...I love puppies...

Scarlette...that is sad... what a poor dog...in our neighborhood, there are tons of Pits, Rotties, and GSD's, and they are all made outdoor dogs, I just feel so bad for them, I would go cuddle on them but they are all so mean from no socialization... There is one black GSD that really catches my eye because he is so gorgeous, I wish I could take him, but I think Josh would go insane if we had 3 dogs haha! Its just sad, because you can tell he still is just a puppy, maybe like 8 or 9 months old. Poor dogs!

Tags
flying squirrel, flying squirrels, german shepherd, southern flying squirrel, southern flying squirrels, teddy bear