Noah's new diagnoses - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 02:43 PM

What grade are they? Surgery done on luxating patellas at the grade 3-4 level have the most success. If left, as it progresses to grade 5, it becomes more tricky to try and correct. If left, completely , the dog can become paralyzed and nothing will fix it when it gets to that stage.
Here are some sites that offer financial help for people who have pets who need medical help. Maybe you can find the financial help you need from one of them.

http://www.hsus.org/ace/11875

http://www.imom.org

http://www.uan.org/

This is an organization that will try very hard to help you if you cannot afford vet bills once in a while. Or maybe you find a hurt or sick stray that needs medical help. They're called Help-A-Pet

http://www.help-a-pet.org/home.html

If you can't afford credit for pet vet bills:
Have you tried Care Credit? http://www.carecredit.com/

Also, if you live near a veterinary teaching college, sometimes you can get experts to diagnose your dog and the surgery is either no cost or very low cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I don't know what grade he is. The vet didn't tell me. He seems to be doing approx. 25% better. He just limps a little now. He's not completely holding it up.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I can't do another credit card. I already have four and the payments cost me $200 a month. I'm trying to pay them off, but you know how that goes...

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Newborn Pup

My Boston also has a patella that goes out of whack from time to time..(We call it his "bad wheel") LOL. Doc gave me previcox, an anti-inflammatory that usually works quite well. We were told when the patella actually moves out of place there is pain, but once it is out it is not painful for the dog, only he cannot bear weight.
The 1st doctor also quoted $1400 to fix. He didn't have a surgery date available for 4 days. Thank God! The "miracle pill" worked just fine. Then another doctor in the same practice told us that fixing the kneecap doesn't guarantee it will stay that way. And also that our dog was too arthritic to even consider such a surgery! And yes, I have changed vets..

Hope your little guy gets better

Tags
boston terrier, breed dogs