NOT Eating - Acting Strange - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 02:05 PM

oh okay just wondering.. hope it works out..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
i think the dog is having dominance issues and needs to see that you are the boss and not her.

it seems like a 6 month cycle of ok im good.....meh.....grrr....back off! now, i'd agree with spaying helping, but isn't a dog's cycle more often then 6 months?

is it possible your'e not as consistent with commands and training as you hope? maybe it goes well, then gets lenient, then the dog takes over thinking it can? then start over with obedience and repeat..........

Ok here we go.....

Yes, she is by all means having dominance issues with my oldest male dog - that we have already established and agreed on.

As far as the cycle theory goes... it was my VET that came up with that conclusions not me - he explained it all to me and it made since to me at the time and the two of us are still working together on the matter, hence why we finally decided to have her fixed.
P.S. - My VET says dogs can go into heat every 3-4 or every 6 months - it varies per dog, size & breed.

NOPE - it is NOT possible that I am NOT consistent with my discipline with the dogs.... for I have talked to trainers, my vet and I have and still am using the teachings of the Dog Whisperer - I follow every thing he says to the T.
.... all has helped except on this one issue - my VET thinks it might be deep rooted with in her.

My female dog is the perfect dog all other times, just not toward my oldest male dog (and) the trouble seemed to have start when she was in heat and then it just stuck in her head - now we are trying to get it to come un-lodged.

Any Ideals? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

R h a p s o d y -
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Will It Ever Change?

well then it sounds like the spay will work!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder View Post
well then it sounds like the spay will work!
Thanks...

X x X FINGERS CROSSED X x X - I am praying & hoping it does.

R h a p s o d y -
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Adolescent Pup

Have you heard of the NILIF program?? Check it out... Nothing in Life is Free
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

No I had never heard of that particular program before...... but I have been practicing the advice they give for about a year now - per the Dog Whisperer - Cesar Millan.

I make my dogs all earn all their food, treats and walks, etc.

R h a p s o d y -
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 11:03 AM

I would say you should get all three of them fixed!

I think somewhere you said that you feed them together and some problems start up there? Why don't you feed them in different rooms to avoid a possible bad situation.

I would also highly suggest to work with a behaviorist asap. In the meantime I would work with her on a dead-on drop or down... then she gets in her mood to attack your other dog, snap her into a down and have her stay there until you can remove your other dog from the scene.

Please... don't follow Cesar's methods... he trains with fear not with a positive reward system.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBullyKisses View Post
I think somewhere you said that you feed them together and some problems start up there? Why don't you feed them in different rooms to avoid a possible bad situation.

In the meantime I would work with her on a dead-on drop or down... then she gets in her mood to attack your other dog, snap her into a down and have her stay there until you can remove your other dog from the scene.

Please... don't follow Cesar's methods... he trains with fear not with a positive reward system.

We dont feed them so close together any more, that was before this behavior started.

We do the stop and remove the other dog thing already....... another

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on Cesar, for I personally see no fear base in his program, but thats me and I respect your right to feel as you to.

Thanks for the input.

R h a p s o d y -
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 03:48 PM

so has he gotton fixed yet? i hope he dose soon when he dose then post please...
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Adolescent Pup

Her pit bull has already been fixed (if you read back you will see her post...

oh and in your sig...you have 19 pets not 17 lol
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 06:01 PM

oh okay ill change it thnx.....
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22revgirl View Post
so has he gotton fixed yet? i hope he dose soon when he dose then post please...

She was fixed last week - July 11, 2007.

R h a p s o d y -
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 06:24 AM

OHHHH i am soo sorry i was out of the loop for a couple of weels soooooo thank you did it help any? or is it tooo early to tell i know when m=y cats got fixed it took a while for them both to feel better........
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22revgirl View Post
did it help any? or is it tooo early to tell i know when my cats got fixed it took a while for them both to feel better........

The VET said it could take 2-3 months for all her hormones to leave the body to be able to tell exactly what kind of change it has made, but I can say that in just one week - she has allowed the two of them to cross paths while they are eating a dog bone.

So to ME - that is amazing that she will even want to walk past him with a treat in her mouth and not try to growl or attack him.

R h a p s o d y -
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

Sounds like things are looking up!!! Just keep persistant with training and remember, YOU are the boss!! Glad to here the good news!!!

Tags
breed dogs, bully breeds, cocker spaniel, golden retriever, lhasa apso, pet store, pit bull, pit bulls, puppy mill, puppy mills, reputable breeder, veterinary medicine