Originally Posted by NavyWife97
I was just going to mention what Jane said above about going to another vet if possible.... Here is another idea does the breeder have a computer? If so you can always have the breeder email you and can try translating it online, sometimes the translation may not always be 100% but it will give you a great idea as to what the breeder is trying to tell you.
Well, the vet that spayed Gerona has all right English. We decided to go see the puppy tomorrow, anyway, to decide whether or not we will wait and keep him, take his brother instead, or decide to have neither. I suppose if we decide we might want to keep Ronan, we can ask the breeder if we can take him to our vet for a second opinion.
Also, Sami SMS'd the breeder and she sent us an e-mail with further details. I'll get back to all of you on that later. I know it's in Finnish and it might take a while for Sami and me to pick together all of it to get it in English. I would use an on-line translater, but Finnish is such a difficult language that there isn't one that can translate sentences! Just single words in their pure form.
I know the poor breeder is just as upset about this as we are. When she called Sami, she was almost in tears. This is her second puppy ever to have something wrong with it. The other puppy was from a litter five years ago, and it had CEA (Collie Eye Anomaly).
We may decide to take Ronan's brother. The interesting thing about him is that he WAS reserved, but the family that reserved him cancelled it because they found a breeder closer to where they lived (this happened this week, also). There are not that many differences in their appearances--Ronan's brother has two blue eyes instead of one and not QUITE the full white collar around his neck (but it's close), and he's a little smaller, but not by much.
We'll come to a decision tomorrow.
I'm also including a chart comparing their pictures, just so everyone can see the other puppy. What do you think? :\