Odd Behaviour in 3 Y.O. Italian Greyhound - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Question Odd Behaviour in 3 Y.O. Italian Greyhound

I'm puzzled, and hope someone can clue me in about something my IG, Elsie has recently started.

She is almost 4 years old...and she has been spayed for quite a long time now.

A week or so ago, my husband and I were in our bedroom, doing the things spouses do , when Elsie
came in the room. She watched us for a second, and then started, for lack of a better way to explain it, started humping
the air. !!!! I shooed her out of the room and forgot about it.

Last night, I was sitting on the floor next to the hubbie, hold one of our mice who is very sick. Elsie came up and was sniffing
that spot behind your knee - on my husband, and started doing the same thing again! We shooed her away, but a few minutes
later, she was sniffing behind his knee, "doing her thing" ....

Has anyone ever heard of this in a spayed dog? She has *never* done this before.

Charlotte

owner of a previously nice polite IG that has turned into a freak.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

I've never had a dog before, this is my first dog so I'm stil learning about them. Ask me about cats or mice and I can hold my own..but dogs...have no clue.

I guess I thought someone here could shed some light on the problem we're having with our dog....heck - enough people have read this thread..but not a single comment.

Thanks for the help everyone!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 02:42 PM

Not everyone is dog savvy.... and I was feeling pretty yucky last night. Sorry for the lack of response until now.

I don't know that i'd call this normal behavior, but I wouldn't call it abnormal either. It can be a sign of dominance. Maybe she's trying to establish herself higher in the "pack". I highly doubt it had anything to do with what she saw though.

Scold her when she does it but don't swat her. Be firm. Hopefully it will stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my dog would attack pillows or stuffies...for 18 years she did, me tried everything...lol so she waited till we left the house to ummm get busy, she was fixed and all of that, my mom said that even old women with their tubes tied like a little fun...yep I said TMI we never could find away to get her to stop, except to hide all pillows and shut my daughters door

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

it is just so odd that she is just *now* starting this behaviour! :-) But, it's nice to know that other dogs out there do that and it's not just that mine's a freak! I don't think she has a dominant bone in her little body..she's always so shy..perhaps she's trying to change that. I dunno.
I will definitely scold her when she does it.
So far the only victim has been my husband. No pillows or stuffed animals yet...
Thanks everyone!
(I mean that!)

Tags
stuffed animal, stuffed animals