Oh for heaven's sake, Deja ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Oh for heaven's sake, Deja ...

I am DYING here .... Are you ever gonna tell us about your new little girl ??
Sorry ... I'll go back to my corner and wait patiently now.

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Sharon! Yes I promise! I was catching up on posts first - and I have to get the pictures off the CD....

I promise I will start a thread and tell you all about her - and pictures!
She is SO cute - I just love her! Max loves her too! Jack is kind of scared of her! Ohhh that big old baby! She is all of a pound and a half of fluffy puppy with a button nose! He's scared!

Max cries when I put her in her ex-pen - he's already rolled her over with his nose and the little hussy loved it! All 4 paws in the air as he licked her all over - omg- too funny!!

btw I missed you!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

HeeHee - missed you too - and thought aboutcha a lot. I hope you had a great time in Fla. You'll have to tell us all about that too !

Ohhhhh , I can't wait to see your baby girl !!! . Wish I could see her and Max together, that sounds so cute !!

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yeah, I am excited to see your new baby dog too!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

lol I was just about to start a thread saying that exact same thing!!! We are dying here Deja!!!! Glad you're back too!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I was wondering what took you so long, I mean how many Pm'es do I ahve to send you girl? Pictures, NOW! No more excuses! LOL Glad you are home!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Indecision Queen

See Deja I'm always a day late and a Pm behind everyone!
I found this right after I PM'ed you tonight so I'll join in on everyone saying 'WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!"
OH by the way I'm glad your back and I missed you and thought of you and your new furr butt!

~Angela and the group~
Oscar~ Male Crested Gecko
Burt~ Male Leopard Gecko
Ernie~ Male Leopard Gecko
Candy~ Female Ball Python
Gidget~ Female Leopard Gecko
Paige~ Female Cholcolate Chihuahua
Marley~ Female Harlequin Great Dane
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Official Thread Hogger

Well, it's about time!!! I sent Jackie a PM asking about you and she told me she hasn't heard anything from you, since last Saturday. I was getting a little concerned, since I knew where you were and I too was in that mess on I 95 and wanted to make sure you made it home safely. What is your little one's name? Did you make it to any of the theme parks? We went to Seaworld for two days and Magic Kingdom one day. I tried to get into the Magic Kingdom on New Years Eve, but they were at full capacity and were turning alot of people away, so we spent it at Seaworld instead and went to Magic Kingdom the next day. Glad to see you are finally back safe and sound.

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Brenda - wasn't I95 a total nightmare!?? OMG We left WPB on Friday morning at around 7:00 am. By the time we reached the Daytona area it was a parking lot! It was nearing 7:30 pm and we had not reached Savannah yet - we knew if we didn't stop and get a motel room for the night we would be dead out of luck.

We stopped at the first Days Inn we saw - and it just happened to be blinking a sign that said *Pets Welcome* Yay! Jim got in line in the lobby to register - we needed 2 rooms, one for us and one for the girls... we were praying that when he got to the desk they had rooms for us. Whew! We were in luck.

About an hour later I was wandering around outside, getting some sodas and filling the ice bucket and I found myself walking in front of the lobby entry doors. A woman was standing there, very road weary, tired and frustrated. She stopped me, thinking I might be on my way in to try to get a room. She said "There are no rooms!" I looked into the lobby and there was a crowd of people! The woman explained to me that they were all waiting for the poor registration clerk to call as many motels as he could all the way up I95 to at least give people some idea of who still had rooms. Everything was booked - through Richmond VA!

We were SO lucky we decided to stop as early as we did. We hit the road at 7:00am Saturday morning and it took us 17 hours to get home to New Jersey! 17 hours!! I95 was a virtual parking lot almost the entire way. Traffic was moving but there were SO many cars on the road every so often things would slow down to a crawl. ARRGH What a horrid nightmarish drive that was!

I am so glad that you made it home safely!

We didn't get to do anything fun - the trip turned out to be so disappointing - for my kids - and my parents. My Aunt was admitted to the hospital the day after Christmas and the week was a blur of staying with her in the hospital (I am glad I was at least able to help my mom in that aspect) - before we knew it, it was New Year's Eve - and I'd spent most of the week helping to take care of my Aunt. We were all pretty exhausted and knew that we'd have to skip Orlando.

I love SeaWorld! Did you have a good time there? I can only imagine the crowds of people! They were turning people away - wow...

I didn't even get to have lunch with Jackie!! She was 10 minutes away from where my parents live in WPB!

That was my rant and vent

[center]

[
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Official Thread Hogger

Whew!! You were on the road longer which meant if I had left earlier it wouldn't have made any difference. We left at 10am and didn't get home until around 1am and I only stopped to get out twice the rest were just for gas. Melody was so restless she drove me crazy, but luckily we were in Savannah then, so we stopped at a McDonalds and the place was crowded with people heading north on I 95. We also took the time to change back to our winter clothes then and I put Melody's pajamas on her thinking she would go to sleep, but she didn't. It got so bad that I called my sister and asked her to please find a book I didn't care what it was and read Melody a bedtime story. That lasted for two hours before she finally went to sleep. I have learned my lesson about driving that far away around Christmas time. If there is a next time that happens to be around Christmas I will definitely be booking us a round trip ticket on an airplane. One good thing well the only good part of the trip was during one of those periods of crawling we were right beside a van that had the t.v. going with The Little Mermaid, so I tried to stay alongside of that van for Melody to watch. I am sure you counted your blessings that night when you had a place to lay your head down, but on the otherhand seeing all those people in the lobby and I know you were probably thinking if only there was a way. I had thought about looking to get a room, but then again I knew Melody had to go see her dad in the morning for his visitation weekend and oh how I wanted my comfortable queen size bed with an egg crate on it and all of my pillows to cuddle with. I bet you had to do alot of stopping for doggie rest area's. I hate to hear you didn't get to go anywhere. Seaworld was actually not that bad it was Magic Kingdom that was soo overwhelming. I would really hate to see what there idea of full capacity looks like since I was told they were far from it when we managed to get in on New Years Day. Oh well, I learned my lesson and thank god I didn't have my car because it is a 5 speed.

Carrera
__

Panda

Kit 1

Kit 2

The Winner Is.......