Ohh, the stray doooooogs. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Ohh, the stray doooooogs.

I don't understand people sometimes, how cruel they can be. I spent my entire day today cleaning up another people's mess and dirty work. It makes me sick to think about what people do when they decide they don't want a dog anymore.
A few weeks ago someone dumped a full blooded lab and another small lab mix. The lab got hit by a car and is severely injured, he probably needs to be put down. The mix got pregnant (by the lab) and had 6 puppies under our disabled neighbors house. We are currently trying to contain the momma dog (who happens to be the sweetest dog in the WORLD) and her pups so we can get them healthy and old enough to adopt out. (They are currently about 3 and a half weeks old) Well, today when my mom and I were out feeding the momma dog another momma dog showed up. She was the most gorgeous pit bull momma. She obviously had been bred, had her puppies taken away, and then forgotten about. She was starving. She came right up to me and my mom begging for some kind of attention. Once again, another sweet dog. This time it was starving and recently had pups removed, (obviously w/out weaning, her tits were swollen with milk) We decided we had to do something immediately. I opened the van door and she hopped right in, no questions. On the way home to pick up a leash (the house we found her at is a house my mom uses for her tutoring business) she fell asleep in the car. (3 minute trip) We called my friend Courtney to find out the phone number for BARC, a Houston animal rescue. We took the bully there. Luckily we came on a Saturday, any time during the week she would have automatically been put down. Walking in she turned heads, this beautiful starving dog grabbed everyone's attention... she has 3 days to get well if she's to survive. Did I mention on the way to BARC there was another small dog who had been dumped on the side of the freeway, starving? After that we went back to care for the puppies. There are 4 boys and 2 girls, all very lab looking, and love water. We plan to look after them for 5 weeks, (getting their shots for a discount at CAP) Until they are old enough for CAP to adopt out. The puppies should not have trouble getting adopted, as they will be ready around Christmas time, so really all I worry about is the momma dog. I love her. She's the sweetest thing in the world. I can't bare to think that she'll be taken in and put to sleep because of another person's cruelty. Does anyone need a puppy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Aww thats so sad. I would gladly take her but unfortuantely i am the other side of the world!! People are so cruel.......they dont deserve to have animals

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:00 PM
RAT ADDICT

Thats sad.

Fortunatly Newfoundland is not a big place and our problem is not as bad as in other places.Mainly it is beagles that are abandoned here or beagle mixes.Sadly beagles are the most abused dog in Newfoundland,believe it or not.There are not alot of pitbulls here and the ones that are here are well loved and cared for.So we do not have that issue.

I cannot help,but I hope that they are all adopted to forever homes soon!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:06 PM

That's so sad, and way too common. I hope they all find responsible people to love them and give them a lasting home.

Tags
animal rescue, lab mix, pit bull