Old English Sheepdogs - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Smile Old English Sheepdogs

Does anyone on here know anything about Old English Sheepdogs? I think they are beautiful and have read alot about them, but I was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience. I'm planning on getting another dog in a few years (after I get my own place and stuff), and would like to get an OES. Does anyone know the goods and bads about them? I know they require alot of grooming and like all herding dogs, alot of excercise. Thanks.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Grooming and exercise are the big factors which you know. Making sure you find a reputable breeder is KEY since they are a breed with several genetic health issues.

I have never had one, but have known several. Those have always been super friendly. They do have a protective instinct, but not known to be aggressive. Not to mention, they are adorable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Playful Pup

My neighbor has one he is the sweetest thing and very very smart so alot of mind stimulation (training) BUt he also reqires (sp) ALOT of grooming and can be a mess if you let it go. He is older now so he is slowing down but in his day he would go go go. They are all and all a great breed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks for the info.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

One visited me while I was in the hospital. He was such a handsome and nice guy. I don't know much about them though, sorry.

:-)
1 rabbit, 6 rats, 1 conure, 1 cockatiel, 1 lovebird, 1 cockroach

- Bracelets, Beads + Supplies!

Tags
reputable breeder