Olde Boston Bulldogges - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Olde Boston Bulldogges

I wanted to post pictures of my OBB, but I only have 6 posts so far, so I want to get it up to 20 to share my pictures!!

Anyone wanna talk about OBBs? or bulldogs/bull terriers in general?

My OBB has very APBT looks to him, with BSL in effect in my province, I carry around my vet papers and reg papers in my purse because people have tried before to have him taken away from me. I have to fight tooth and nail to prove he is a purebred OBB. They try to pull the whole " he might be part APBT", and again I have to prove that I assisted in the initial breeding that took place between his mum and dad, both whom are OBB's, and the fact that I have met every dog in his pedigree from the last 3 generations, none of which had pit in them.

On another note, I am looking at getting an English Bull Terrier as my second dog I think... EIther that or its a toss up between an Argentine Dogo, or my boyfriend really wants a Kangal.... What do you think??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Hello Earthling

I don't have a bulldogs but my family and I were looking at them before we got my sheltie Kibbles. They are adorable

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:16 PM
RAT ADDICT

I cannot wait to see pictures!
I love "bully breeds".I am glad he has not been taken away though!!

I love bull terriers too.
My mom dislikes them because of their faces!
Are you in Ontario by any chance? I am just wondering,cause I know they had a BSL thing going on.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
RAT ADDICT

Also...what is the name of the breeder/kennel you got your dog from?

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
I cannot wait to see pictures!
I love "bully breeds".I am glad he has not been taken away though!!

I love bull terriers too.
My mom dislikes them because of their faces!
Are you in Ontario by any chance? I am just wondering,cause I know they had a BSL thing going on.
I think BSL is still on here. Only provide that has it and New Brunswick is trying it too I believe.

But how can a little Boston look like a pit?

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

A boston terrier and an Olde Boston Bulldogge are different breeds.
Boston Terriers were developed from Olde Boston Bulldogges. THey were originally used for pit fighting, like many other breeds.
There are a few different bloodlines in the breed, some producing dogs that look more boston terrier-ish, some that look more bulldoggy-ish and some that look more APBT-ish. I like the latter the best for looks, and temperment. They have personality very similar to APBT

- Mel
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Thats what I thought.
I am glad Newfoundland is not doing that.Although a few yrs back,they tried banning rottweilers...that didn't work.The mayor at the time just didn't like rotties and he wanted them banned!

She don't mean a Boston Terrier!
This is an OBB!

http://www.bulldoginformation.com/Ol...n-bulldog.html

* Lisa *

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Hahahaha...you replied before I did! Funny.

* Lisa *

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Hello Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkerella View Post
A boston terrier and an Olde Boston Bulldogge are different breeds.
Boston Terriers were developed from Olde Boston Bulldogges. THey were originally used for pit fighting, like many other breeds.
There are a few different bloodlines in the breed, some producing dogs that look more boston terrier-ish, some that look more bulldoggy-ish and some that look more APBT-ish. I like the latter the best for looks, and temperment. They have personality very similar to APBT
Quote:
Thats what I thought.
I am glad Newfoundland is not doing that.Although a few yrs back,they tried banning rottweilers...that didn't work.The mayor at the time just didn't like rotties and he wanted them banned!

She don't mean a Boston Terrier!
This is an OBB!

http://www.bulldoginformation.com/Ol...n-bulldog.html
Quote:
Hahahaha...you replied before I did! Funny.

lol I googled them they all look the same to me : ) at least I learned something new today

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
RAT ADDICT

Thats always good!

* Lisa *

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

My good friend actually bred my puppys parents. I helped with the breeding too. His sire was about and inch shorter than his dam, so we had to put her front paws up on me, and get him to mount her, then hold up his legs so they could lock in together... took a while and a few trys but we got it eventually. I've been with the litter since day one, litter sitting, just hanging out, etc... and I picked out my puppy when they were a week old and took him home at 7 weeks. To this day we still see/dog sit most of the puppies out of the litter which is a nice thing too.

I'm looking to breed my Mosley, as he is a wonderful example of the breed, conformation and temperment wise. he is IOEBA registered (well, in the progress of being accepted... ) and if they started having shows in canada then I would show him but they dont. so I have to wait untill I either get the extra money and time to be able to travel to the states to start to show him, or I should see about getting an IOEBA branch started up in Ontario. Quite a few breeders here, but they all travel to the states to show.

- Mel
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Adolescent Pup

Well you know I love to. I think your dogs are very cute and like OBB in general. You know me from DF.

For a 2nd dog I think it really depends on what you want in another dog. What type of temperament you want, what breed traits you want or would put up with, what size too, coat type also. You have to consider do you want an independent dog? A playful dog? A serious dog? Prey driven dog? Defense driven dog? Easy to train and biddable? A little challenging and stubborn? A goofy dog?

Check Them Out

Last edited by Spicy_Bulldog; 02-13-2009 at 11:25 PM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I finally have 20 post, so here are some pictures!

This is one of Mosley and I, Mosley is around 2 weeks:

Here's another one of Mosley, a bit older, his name was Fugly before I named him! We had no clue what he would turn out looking like, was not the prettiest of the litter untill later!:

This is a pic, possibly the day after I brought him home for good:

Mosley and his litter mate brother , Loki :

THis is Mosleys litter mate sister, Menace:

THis is Mosley at the dog park:

Mosley looks like he is dancing to "Thriller". Lol! :

Another of MOsley at the dog park :

Mosley:

Mosley again:

Thats all for now folks!

My computer is old and slow, but trust me, I do have better pictures to upload, all in good time!!

- Mel
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

awww he's super cute!

[/CENTER]

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

He is adorable!!

Maureen

Six new rats