OOPS I did It again!!! New Foster/Keepable Dog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Talking OOPS I did It again!!! New Foster/Keepable Dog

Well I don't post here often but I was the Crazy one that posted that MIN PINS are not Evil!!! I got alot of replies with good responses those made me Happy.

So today I did it again, I have 4 Min Pins as Some know:
Tyson, Miley, Hunter and Bella and now 1 more, Here is the Story of Mannie.

Mannie is a 2 yr old Black & Rust, Smaller Built 11.8lbs Min Pin, His Birthday is 1/8/07 He was Taken to the Local SPCA in Dec of 07 at 11 months. He was soon adopted my a Preg. Military Women whoes Husband was Deployed and Said to get a Family Dog, So she adopted Mannie just after Christmas.
August of 08 I meet Mannie at the Vet Clinic I work for, He boards, now Here is the Important Part. He is a Shy Nervous Pup but NEVER growled, Showed Teeth or ever Curled a Lip. In Sept. I got Hunter and 2 weeks after getting him I get asking about Adopting a Min Pin from a Client. I said I couldn't but would keep a look out. Come to Find out November it was Manny.

So this is what was said from owner, I Quote "Mannie is Aggressive, Like total Fear Aggression He has snaped at a neighbor and My Husband and I fear for us and My Baby I cannot Keep him, I am working with a Rescue to adopt him out if you know anyone They will be Screened"
So My response was to the Dr. If He comes in for Euthanization CALL ME FIRST. SO this morning Low & Behold He was there almost with the Needle in and Poof Someone Remembers Me, Needless to Say I got the Call and Went straight there and now have Mannie.

Now I have literally Had this Dog since about 7pm tonight and NOT ONE TIME HAS HE SHOWED ANY AGGRESSION, to Me , to My Boyfriend, My Cats, My other Pins or my Larger Dogs, No food Aggression, No Possesion problems, just Nervous but most Min Pins are. So I have done a Check and the only Issue I see that I can Correct in a Short time is He doesn't like his Feet played with, and runs from the Nail Clippers, HE REALLY NEEDS THEM DONE SOON.

This is my assessment of her Situation She got him in Dec of 07 Then has a Baby in July of 08 Then She talks to her husband who was dissapointed becuase he wanted a larger dog. So week before Her husband comes home in the middle of August She get a Brand new Lab Puppy coming in at 20 lbs,
I think one It was him and Her, then she had a Baby, something new, noising, Smelly (To him I mean) and she never introduced him slow and properly, then she adds a new pup that ways almost double him, and takes his toys, Bed, Food Etc....Then she has a Husband home 1 weeks later Poking at him, Upset becuase now there are 2 dogs and he wanted only a lab. MY Assumtion, To must stress for mannie, caused more nervuosness and they didnt' get his Signals to back off, so warning a Bite, and Neighbor didn't know the boundries off Mannie either. and so She said Fear Aggression PUT him Down. SO SO STUPID, when will People learn.

Anyway, He is a foster for now, I am working on his issues and making sure he is Aggression free, and if he works and my boyfriend oks it, He stays, if not He WILL go to a Proper well INFORMED home, and live a Happy FULL life.

I'll keep you updated!!!!

Proud Mom of:
Peyton- 2.5yr Old

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tyson- 5 yr old Miniature Pinscher
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dodger-8 Yr old Miniature Pinscher

Shiverz- 3 yr old DSH

Whisper- 2 yr old Siamese

Popperz-American Guinea Pig

Oh yes and My Husband Brian(He's as bad as the Kids)

R.I.P- Gunther- Netherland Dwarf Rabbit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Here are Pictures of Mannie, doing Very Well so far. We are def. Working on Training as He has no Manners, for anything, Except He is Housebroken.

First Ok, More Assesment,
Mannie Issues:
1. Hates Feet Touched( Nails Way Overgrown & Curling, They will get Done, I will Win those Feet)
2, Hates Mouth Looked at ( Needs Bad Teeth Brushing, Cleaning, Nasty Teeth for 2 yr old, Don't People Clean there dogs Teeth)
3. Hates Ears looked at ( SO pretty much Physical Exams are a Work in Process I think it will be a Long Road with those things)
4. Hates Being Mounted by Hunter, Tyson, Miley and Bella who what to Show Him they are Boss We are working on the Mounting thing with all 5 Dogs Cause I AM THE ONLY BOSS!!!

Now those Photos He is a Cutie though, I like Cropped Ears, Even though I have never Cropped my Dogs ears, But his are Cute Floppy, however if They came Cropped that Fine too.

Profile Pic

Brighter Pic

Proud Mom of:
Peyton- 2.5yr Old

Tyson- 5 yr old Miniature Pinscher

Dodger-8 Yr old Miniature Pinscher

Shiverz- 3 yr old DSH

Whisper- 2 yr old Siamese

Popperz-American Guinea Pig

Oh yes and My Husband Brian(He's as bad as the Kids)

R.I.P- Gunther- Netherland Dwarf Rabbit

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aw he's a cutey, good luck

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Awww! Very cute little fella. My Harvey hates having his feet touched. I even used to rub them when he was a puppy to get him used to it... I think some dogs just really hate that. Bribery with treats will work sometimes hehe.

I'm so glad you could get him! Some people are so stupid about small dogs. They just let them get away with stuff and then cry when the dog turns out to be bossy. I can't believe they'd even consider putting down a healthy dog like that.

Good for you for helping him out!

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww he is adorable! I'm so glad you're fostering him. Good luck!!

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Newborn Pup

It makes me sad that people can have a dog and not love it. "I wanted a big dog, take this one back!"

But it's great news to hear he's better of now! Thanks for caring!

Matt
doxienews.com
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 08:48 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...he is pretty cute!
I am glad you took him in! Good luck!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
fear aggression, foster, min pin