Opinions... Ideas? More naming headaches.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Opinions... Ideas? More naming headaches..

Ok so here's the deal....

The rottweiler is "show quality" and comes with some rules... I may not like the rules but I also understand why they exist etc and agree to abide by them...

The rule for the "official AKC name" is that it must begin with the breeder's "stamp" as well as the litter letter. I _think_ the litter letter is going to be Z ... of all letters... Z .... I wont know "for sure" until the baby is born. The breeder's 'stamp' is Thunder Valley's... AKC rules are that the name cannot have more than 25 characters...so a lot of it is taken up by the breeder's stamp and then dictated by the litter letter.

My guys are really getting set on the name Rio so I'm trying to work with all of these rules and requests etc lol

The name MUST begin with:

Thunder Valley's Z...
or
ThunderVly's Z....

And it cannot be more than 25 characters...

I've got these four names so far:

Sort of a race horse type name...
ThunderVly's Zoom Into It

A play on letter's and numbers... you need to speak it outloud to get it...
ThunderVly's ZI814U2 Rio

Fairly basic idea..
ThunderVly's Zen of Rio

And one with a bit of meaning in that Xanado means idylic/beautiful place and Rio means River. If I replace the x that sounds like a z with a z I get
ThunderVly's Zanadu Rio
aka Thunder Valley's Beautiful River....

Thoughts?

Better Ideas?

- Deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 05:12 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i like ThunderVly's Zen of Rio! cute! i would put Rio at the end so you could keep that name. my friend had a dog named Rio once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 08:25 AM
Fertile Myrtle

ThunderVly's Zanadu Rio
aka Thunder Valley's Beautiful River....

I like that one!! Most people I know have the "AKC" name but the actual name they call the dog has little to do with that... or are you just wanting to have Rio in there somewhere?

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Most people I know have the "AKC" name but the actual name they call the dog has little to do with that... or are you just wanting to have Rio in there somewhere?
I'm wide open.... Assuming we'll be getting the Z litter is what has thrown me off. I'm struggling BIG TIME on finding the right "AKC Name" for him with the restrictions explained above...

Another one that came to mind is: ThunderVly's Zest of Life and ThunderVly's Zebulun Rio

If not for the requirements he may have ended up with something way out there such as Rio "Paragon of Ohanzees".

Paragon meaning: A model of excellence or perfection of a kind; a peerless example: a paragon of virtue.

Ohanzees meaning: Shadows (indian word)

Since he is the third rottweiler I thought a "Superior Shadow" description may be good... but When you add ThunderVly's to it it's too long and not allowed by the AKC and when you put in the Z litter letter requirement it's just broken lol.

So basically I'm trying to come up with a strong/beautiful/prestigious name that begins with ThunderVly's Z ... and is no longer than 25 characters.

It's quite the brain teaser!!!!! So those of you who like a challenge...PULEEESSEEEE toss out your ideas..no matter how Zainy they are

- Deb

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hmmmm since he's going to be neutered, we could just call him ThunderVly's Zipped Up :hitself:

- Deb

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 08:54 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

deb!!!!! i do NOT think your hubby would appreciate that one! you know how men get about that stuff!!

(btw, do spaces and punctuation count as one of the 25 letters?)

how about...
ThunderVly's Zion de Rio ? (you can change the "de") i like Zion cause my friend lives in utah and used to pretty much live in Zion national park.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yes...spaces etc count. No one said it was supposed to be easy

To work off of the Zion idea we could replace the "de" with something more common in the German naming world and go with Von (of) for an end result of

ThunderVly's Zion Von Rio ?

Please keep the ideas coming...I'm desperate. I only have 8 weeks to figure this out you know!

- Deb

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 09:12 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

hmmm...what about naming him Zion all together instead of Rio? or are you set on Rio? let me see...

i'll just throw out some Z words you can work with.....i am consulting a dictionary!! hahahaha!

here we go:

Zambezi (a river in S. Africa)
Zany (comical, clownish, crazy)
Zap (to attack with speed and force)
Zeal (eager desire or interest)
Zealous (see above word)
Zen (a Buddist movement)
Zenith (the point of the celestial sphere that is directly overheard; highest point or state)
Zephyr (a gentle breeze)
Zest (hardy of life; gusto)
Zeus (supreme deity of ancient Greeks)
Zion (heaven; final gathering place)
Zip (energy; vigor)

hope these help! some are pretty good.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
hmmm...what about naming him Zion all together instead of Rio? or are you set on Rio? let me see...
Personally? I'm set on Apollo or Dante lol

It's the rest of the family that's keen on Rio

Zeus is a common rotty name but oddly enough no one in the family is keen on that one...go figure...

I've seen so many Z words (and Z meaningless letters brought together to look words it's pathetic lol

Some huge Z word references...
http://www.behindthename.com/nm/z.html
http://www.catcraze.com/Z-names.htm
http://www.hund.ch/magazin/dognamez.htm

Then my hubby pops up says just call him Sleepy George and be done with it... which resulted in ThunderVly's Zzz George LOL.... I'd rather not go that route though

- Deb

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 09:44 AM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Zipped Up sounds good to me. Zippy for short LOL