paint for doggies? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Beanie Fanatics Anonymous Member

paint for doggies?

I was wondering if there was any type of paint or "fur dye", if you will, that I could put on Cledus for Halloween. I want to paint (temp. dye) him red. So he can be Clifford the "little red dog"!!! So if anyone knows of anything that I can put on him that will be safe, that would be great!!! Preferably something that will come out after I give him a bath.
Thanks a bunch!
Stacy & Cledus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I Love You Logan & Cledus!!!

Logan Indy Ping-Pong Pinkerton Gissa Cledus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 11:49 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

I don't know of anything for animals, but if you do find something you HAVE to post pics! That sounds soooo cute!

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 01:30 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'd think a water based, non-toxic paint would work but I'd ask your veterinarian. I'm not sure on that. Google didn't even have anything close.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 01:33 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Well, this is the closest I found:

http://www.petplace.com/articles/artShow.asp?artID=4173

Scroll all the way to the last paragraph.

Stephanie

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 05:05 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

if you saw that mtv-true life, i'm obsessed with my dog...there was a girl who dyed her dog pink every month or so. the dog didn't seem to like it though cause they (like humans) have to sit there with the dye on their hair for 30 min or so. she lived in nyc though, so i don't know if they do that where you live. but i think you could paint him (like the Target dog's eye). i'd definetly ask a vet. what a cute idea though!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 10:17 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I saw that, the poor dog looked miserable getting dyed!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

I saw that on MTV too, poor thing.
Do you think finger paint would work? Since little kids play with it, and it's not toxic.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 12:24 PM
I Heart My Job

what type of dog is it? i know people dye poodles all the time because of their hair, but anything else...i would definitely ask your vey. i would think that fingerpaint is too heavy, non-toxic or not, you'd never get it off.

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Cledus is just a mutt. He's the brown and white dog, I have pics of him all over the forum.
I forgot about fingerpaint being really thick. You think I could water it down some how?
But I think I'm going to call his vet to see anyway.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

It would ahve to be one heck of a bath and you'd have to really piles it on him, plus if he tried to lick it off he'd actually lick it right off...

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

I don't know about this for sure but how about the hairspray type products that people use? If you are in a well ventilated area, (preferably outside) maybe it would work. They use that on my sons after they get haircuts everytime and they love it, I can't think your dog would like it either way!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

hmm...

I thought about that Critter.
Maybe red kool-aid would work??

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 01:03 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

LOL, Kool aide would work, but it wouldn't wash out. That used to be the big thing, everyone would dye their hair with kool aid

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-08-2003, 08:15 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

The idea sounds very cute but I would think unless it is something simple that your dog might not like it too well. And I am not sure if it would be the same thing for dogs but when people color their hair it damages it even though lots of people do it (including me) it is not good for their hair and I am not sure if it would matter on a dog's coat. But I would say ask your vet. If it is something simple like maybe the spray that you can take out soon and your vet says its ok go for it I am sure it would be way cute. But if your dog is inside while he has Temperate spray dye in keep in mind that it usually rubs out easily. Cuz I have used some of it before and you have to wash your hair like before you sleep or it will get on your pillow and stuff.

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2003, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Well Cledus is an outside dog, so getting it everywhere is not a problem. I think I am going to look into the hair spray, and call his vet. I just want him red for the night. Then I will give him a bath. A very long one by the looks of it. But other then that I don't think spraying him with it will be a problem. Besides I wouldn't do it if it really bothered him. Ohh well I'll let you all know.