Papi is doing good, Skinny as all **** but good - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Papi is doing good, Skinny as all **** but good

Hey guys, Papi came home yesterday we signed the papers and such saying we understood the risk. he is doing great. He lost another at least 5 if not 10 lbs since we last saw him at the shelter. we give him lots of food though and try to beef up his diet with extra protiens to help make him healthier. I took him for a walk today and almost everyone who didn't stop to talk and ask about him was giving me dirty looks because of how skinny he was. poor thing is all skin and bones. you can see EVERYTHING spine, ribs, leg bones, everything.

We have to repotty train him because he has forgotten and already had 3 accidents. but we're working on him slowly but surely. he is a smart dog he catches onto things quickly.

If anyone has any ideas on things hat would be good for him to eat to give him some good weight addition anny recomendations are welcome.

The other dogs are the rest of my pack. the bigger black dog is spencer, the little hot dog is winni and the white and tan fluff ball is Scamp

here are some pics:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Lilly Bud
Pet's name:
Baby
Pet's name: Pinkie
Pet's name: Lilly Pad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Adolescent Pup

i've never had a dog so i don't know what you should give him. i just wanted to wish you good luck on getting his weight up he looks like a sweet dog.

~Sam-Woodmor~

My pets-

Jewel and Ruby

Merlin

Gotta Love Them

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

thanks and he is. he just wants to curl up into whoever's lap happens to be closest to his butt. he is just such a sweetie and i can't believe someone would abuse and abandon him

Pet's name:
Baby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

You should call your vet and see if there are any supplements that are recommended.

Puppy food has extra nutrients and fats in it that can help a dog recover from weight loss. You should stay in contact with a vet though. There could be an underlying problem such as worms that is causing the weight loss. Keep a close eye on him and make sure he is eating, drinking, urinating, and having bowel movements regularly. If you have trouble choosing a puppy food you can ask the vet (or a shelter may be able to recommend something).

--------------------
~Marcia

--------------------------

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Awww, he's precious! There maybe is food that is for weight gain at Wally world?? Sorry I've never owned a dog either... Sweet pup though

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ya he is a sweetie he just wants to curl up in your lap and he doesn't get he is a big dog. mom is giving him extras like oils and she gives him cooked eggs to i don't know what else she gives him but its a working process.

Pet's name:
Baby

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Oh my grandma's dog got depressed and started losing weight so the vet told her to feed him Chicken and Rice. It worked so good! Hope it helps.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

thanks

Pet's name:
Baby

Tags
papi, poor health, service dog, skinny