Paw Problems - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

Post Paw Problems

I sort of came across my australian shepard because my older brother is terminally ill and can't take care of him any more, he wanted to have him over christmas so I dropped him off, I was out of town so my mom picked him up. When I got home Puppers was not using his right front paw at all. It turns out he jumped off the balcolny at my brothers. I just got hom and am wondering if there is a way to tell if its broken or just hurt...if not I will take him to the vets right away, just vet bills are getting large lol...any advice?

Carie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 11:51 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh no! Poor Puppers. I hate to hear about your brother, I am sorry. How far did Puppers fall? I don't know for sure but X-rays would be the best way I know to find out. Is is swelling up?

*Brandy*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Corsetkisser

2nd story, its swollen and its been 5 days I just got home and they keep saying hes fine, but he has become mine just like my others, yeah I am gonna take him in hes just to important to me not to...thank you

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 12:00 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yeah, I understand about the vet bills. One of my dads dog had rectal prolapse and I kept taking him to the vet over and over agian, I paid for it and they added up quick. lol Good luck, I hope nothing is broken!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I hope it won't be broken, good luck at the vets!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 02:44 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I hope it's not broken! Poor thing!

Let us know what the vet says...

~ Jodi ~

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 01:26 PM

awww poor doggie! my dog has paw problems too, hes a Rottie and he gets blisters on his paws, the vet said its the pressure of his weight on his paws and that its really nota big concern. but they bleed and get really puffy, so we sit with hot compresses and i massage his paws LOL he loves it.....
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Playful Pup

So what happened?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Any news on the hurt paw? I too hope it's not broken, poor baby

[center]

[