Peeing Problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Angry Peeing Problem

Ok so I got a new labradoodle puppy about 5 months ago. She is 7 months old now. She is a great dog when she wants to be. Ive taught her to sit, shake paws, and lay down/rollover. However she constantly pees and poops in the house. Today she went outside and peed in the yard and then came inside and peed on the floor. There are some days that she is flawless and never pees or poops in the house. Then there are days like this that make you want to send her to the pound. So what are your suggestions on how to get her to stop peeing/pooping in the house????

thanks for the replies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

What are you currently trying? It'll be easier to give advice if we know what you're already doing to train her . Is she crate-trained? Based on the info you gave it sounds like a supervision problem...she has way too much freedom. Most house-training techniques are based on making sure accidents never happen in the first place by supervising puppies constantly (and not giving them free run of large areas).

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Making routine is effective training to control dog business. You can set the time for meal, then set around 10-15mins potty time after meal time. Make sure you give him enough walk and exercise..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Patience and persistence. What are you doing now as far as potty training goes? Consistency and supervision are key, you don't want to allow accidents to happen unnoticed. If you see the signs of her getting ready to go inside or even see her starting to go inside you'll want to take her out ASAP to finish up outside. Treats and liberal praise when she goes outside will help her learn that she's doing the right thing. I recommend crate training if you haven't been doing that already.

Just to (maybe) make you feel a bit better, my dog wasn't fully potty trained until he was 8 months old. Then when he was around 8 months it was like something finally clicked with him, and he never tried going to the bathroom inside again. He's almost 3 years old now and has not gone to the bathroom at all inside the house since he was 8 months old. So yeah, it was a long process and very frustrating at times but well worth it in the end

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

thanks for the replies!!!! I will try to keep her in more of a routine and supervise her constantly. I did watch her super close last night and she never had any accidents.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Adolescent Pup

Agreeing with the others.
Limit her floor area in the house for a while, maybe keep her in the kitchen, using baby gates helps.
When you are not home for a bit, put her in a crate with blankie and toys.

Take her out 5 times a day, minimum.
Example: 8:00----12:00----4:00----7:00----10:30
We used this toilet routine for years with a few dogs and it works well.

Also, feeding at morning and dinner time allows enough time to go poo afterwards.
Good Luck.

Please have pets spayed or neutered and wearing an ID tag.
Adoption is the only option
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Newborn Pup

I would also suggest crate training until there's no more accidents. Everytime he goes in the house the more used to it he'll become. Sometimes back my dog had diarrhea and he went into the garage to do it, after a few times it became a habit for him, and we almost had to retrain him by keeping the garage door closed all the time.

pet food prices near you

Tags
dog, house, peeing