Penny scared me earlier - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Wink Penny scared me earlier

Well, as the title says, Penny, my yorkie, scared me earlier. it was about 7pm and she had been sleeping on the dog bed in the kitchen when she came in the living room and jumped up on the chair. i looked over and noticed that she was shaking really bad. so i went over there and made sure i wasn't just seeing things. i wasn't. my first thought was, "omg...she's starting to have a seizure." but then i touched her paws to see if she was just cold and her paws were pretty cold. so i picked her up and grabbed her sweater from the ottoman and put it on her. then i went straight to the bathroom and turned on the hot water in the shower. i closed the door (with chaquita in there of course - she has to know what i'm doing with her sister) and just sat there and rocked her. the whole time i was on the phone with my friend, jen, and just kept telling her, "i hope she's ok." i had to open the door to let chaquita out (she's was getting hot) and penny didn't even try to walk out. well, pretty soon she stopped shaking and fell asleep in my arms. i was so happy that she had just been cold! i always think the worst.
i started laughing on the phone because i felt like the mother of a collicky baby! well, she is ok now, but i have been doting on her all day! haha. she is attached to me at the hip, too.
i'm just glad she's ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Jane I'm glad she's ok!!!! don't you hate it when they scare you like that!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 06:00 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Poor little Penny ...

At least she's not in Finland, then she'd be REALLY cold! We'd have to buy her a super jacket and snow boots.

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 08:02 AM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

I've had scares like that before... I always think the worst too! Glad she's ok though.

Hey Jane!! Maybe you should get Penny a parka like Tito's

~ Jodi ~

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Miss New Booty

Awww Jane, I'm glad Penny is ok! What a scare!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi
Maybe you should get Penny a parka like Tito's
Jodi!!! That parka rocks!

~* Jackie *~

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 02:11 PM

My grandmother has a chawawa (SP?) and he get very cold all the time becuase he is only 2 1/2 pounds and the vet said he needs to be on a diet (just a little) LOL. But he go's everywhere with us all of the time so for the winter months when he has to sit on the car for us eating or whatever (not very long we alwas hurry) we got him a little tiny dog bed that fits him great and got a little heating pad that you attach to your cig litter, and we put that under the dog bed...And of course he has the sweater that says "vishous dog" LOL there is not one mean bone in his body!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Maybe you should get the parka!!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

you guys! i don't think she quite needs a parka here in texas. her sweater is fine.

she's been in her sweater ever since yesterday and she's doing well. so that's great. i was really worried!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Miss New Booty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9101
Maybe you should get the parka!!
Tito's parka is becoming very famous around PT!!
Glad Penny's doing ok, Jane!

~* Jackie *~

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks!

Tags
dog bed, heating pad