Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

pet insurance

4K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Spicy_Bulldog 
#1 ·
How many of you have pet insurance? is it worth it?

#4 ·
From what I have read the insurance companies are really finicky about what they will cover. You are paying them all this money and many of the problems that arise in your dog/cat will go in the "preexisting condition" category and not be covered. Mostly the only things covered would cost you less to just pay for out of pocket at the times when they occur. I don't have any personal experience with it though.

#5 ·
I looked into it when I got Orion. I wanted insurance for him just in case he needs hip surgery when he gets older...the two companies I called wouldn't even cover him because he's a GSD!!!!

I asked them a bunch of other questions about what they cover, and it's not much...so no, I don't think it's worth it at all...

#9 ·
VPI is one of the companies that I spoke with over the phone that denied Orion coverage. They called any hip or joint problems he may develop a pre-existing condition. At the time, he was only 12 weeks old, so pre-existing from what!? I guess they figured that all GSD's are born with hip dysplasia :(

#10 ·
VPI does have some things that they don't cover for certain breeds, they don't cover genetics for somethings.

Mine is a mix so i would probably get out of any breed specific exclusions.

Unless your GSD is registered i would guess you could call it a mix.

#11 ·
do you get good % on insurance?

Hi - I had looked into insurance and thought it wasn't worth it.
Have you had good luck with the insurance covering a good part of your bill?

Just wondering if we can get some feedback on the insurance plan and if it has been VERY helpful in saving you some $$$

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.