Pet Insurance and Select Breeds - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Pet Insurance and Select Breeds

I have called around to 2 pet insurance carriers and have discovered the different plan ranges from breeds to categories and it's all very confusing. One says that the Greyhound is a select breed, while the other doesn't. One discloses more information about the ailments they cover and the other doesn't (what they find to be the most frequent problem in this breed of dog). I understand that pet insurance can be great and is wonderful for the "what-if" factors. Any companies that can be recommended through member's experiences? We didn't carry any insurance for my dog that passed away in March due to old age, but maybe we were lucky cause nothing major ever happened to him. The costs of the premiums per month can be a little wearing for the life of the pet. I'm just looking for feedback on the matter.....Thanks.

Look Into My Voice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Wow, no comments on this huh.....

Look Into My Voice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I was looking into it to, but I got way confused, so I called my vet lol shes a great lady and said when I bring puppers in on Saturday she will go over it all with me

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

A recent thread that mght interest you http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showt...=pet+insurance I posted a link there to the insurance that I would go with. The only thing they don't cover is hip displaysia. Ofcourse this is assuming you go from puppy/kittenhood and spay/neuter within the first year. There will be 'pre-exsisting condition' clauses for an older pet.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!