"Phenomenal Franka" - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

"Phenomenal Franka"

I was just doing a bit of reading about a purebred GSD born the wrong color...or should I say colors?

Lewcinkas Franka Von Phenom CD TC CGC was born October 4th, 2001, to a black mother and a black/tan father. Though there is no white on either father or mother's side, Franka was born black, tan, and white. DNA testing has shown that her mother was not "gotten to" by an outside dog. She is just another color mutation. (Though definitely one I've never seen before in GSDs.)

The website of her breeder (http://www.lewcinkaskennels.com - head on over to the link "Phenomenal Franka" for info and pics) has photos of Franka, and Franka's pups...some of which have their mother's interesting coloring.

I'm curious what you guys think of "Phenomenal Franka" and her pups?

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 07:11 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Wow!!!! I can honestly say I have never seen anything like that before.... What a beauty she is, and wow at her pups.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i haven't seen anything like that either kim! soooo beautiful. i have seen pure white gsd's on petfinder, though. on petfinder! wow. my friend jen is getting a gsd when she moves to my house (in a about a year). maybe she can try to rescue a white one.

good article, roz.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Newborn Pup

I have talked to the breeder, the color comes from a mutated gene (according to scientists). The blue eye gene in her is reccesive. Piebalding is supposed to be reccesive too, but in this case, a gene seems to have mutated into a dominant piebald gene, which is even more strange because even the reccesive piebald gene isn't found in GSD's.

~Seij
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

All I can say is WOW! That dog is absolutly stunning, how that happend is sooo odd and interesting. I wonder if it will become a new color that is seen alot more?

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I've seen her elsewhere, and was amazed. Beautiful GSD

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Wow, they are beautiful! Thats so cool.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

She is beautiful, but personally I don't like it. Amazing occurance though!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Don't like what, exactly, Lixx?

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

The colouring. Pie bald is not a colour combination I like. It's a ll personal preferance I guess. She is still gorgeous, but not a dog I would pick

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Ahh. Alright. I'm just interested in the unusual, myself. I wouldn't buy a dog based solely on that, but it's interesting to look at the pics of Franka, anyway.

-

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 01:48 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Wow.

When I first read what you wrote, Roz, I thought she just had a splotch of white on her chest or some other body part!

Boy, was I suprised!

Franka really is strange and foreign looking. It's certainly a dog that would NOT be lost within the crowd.

Thanks for sharing that!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Newborn Pup

Despite the fact that this seems to be just a random mutation of sorts, having nothing to do with what the parents of the dogs were like, it still has the power to damage the breeder's reputation. The dog breeding world is very picky about things like that, if you produce anything 'different' or against the breed standard, it can really make the breeder look bad because it gives the impression that their female and/or stud dogs have "bad genes". Many breeders might have considered getting rid of these pups, or even killing them when they were first born to prevent anyone from knowing about them.

~Seij
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijun
Despite the fact that this seems to be just a random mutation of sorts, having nothing to do with what the parents of the dogs were like, it still has the power to damage the breeder's reputation. The dog breeding world is very picky about things like that, if you produce anything 'different' or against the breed standard, it can really make the breeder look bad because it gives the impression that their female and/or stud dogs have "bad genes". Many breeders might have considered getting rid of these pups, or even killing them when they were first born to prevent anyone from knowing about them.

~Seij

It's unfortunate that people are like that, and that others feel they must be rid of the "evidence." It's a living dog, and no different than any other GSD pup. Just more colorful

-

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 03:10 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

i agree with roz. those people that kill puppies are sick. just as sick as any other person that abuses animals.