Picture of our new puppy (yet to be named) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Red face Picture of our new puppy (yet to be named)

Here is a picture of our new baby. He is just gorgeous but I know I am biased. We don't have a name picked out for him yet because Dave and I are still trying to come up with a "strong" name for him.

He is not from the breeder we wanted to get a puppy from. Their female had not been bred the last time we talked and I hate to say this, we didn't want to wait until next year. So, I started searching for other breeders and unfortunately came up short because all of them were byb's. I couldn't believe the crap I was hearing when I talked to them! I thought I wasn't going to find anyone that I could feel confident getting a dog from until I found a breeder that happens to be in another state. I am very happy with the breeder and she even pays for the spaying and neutering of her puppies! :thumb:

We are picking up our boy in the middle of September but I don't think I can wait that long!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

AW hes is SUPER CUTE how old is in this picture? also what is a byb? is it a back yard breeder???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Ariel, yes, that means backyard breeder.

He was 2 1/2 weeks old in that picture. The breeder will continue to take pictures of him until we pick him up which will be the weekend of the 17th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

are those the guys that breed dogs for the wrong reasons like fighting dogs and stuff? Sorry i have never heard of this term, only puppy mill.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Stinky Liverbrain

Awww! I love his mottled nose! Will it stay that way? or will it darken? He's so cute!

Ariel, byb not necesarily breed for fighting, but they do breed for the wrong reasons, to make money. Usually they get a breed dog that's not breeding material, and bred them. They don't bother on getting good genetic lines or doing any tests to show if they have genetic conditions. They offer no guarantee on a healthy puppy and don't care who they sell to. It's like a puppy mill, on a small scale (not a bunch of dogs for breeding purposes, but someone who has a family dog and breeds it for the wrong reasons and without knowing anything about breeding.)

Dimaris

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Very cute... What kind of a baby is he?

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Jenny, is he a Pit Bull.

I don't know if his nose will stay that way. I hope it does though.

Ariel, Padfoot explained what a backyard breeder is correctly. I was disgusted with what I heard when I was talking to the breeders on the phone. One of the breeders specifically bred for the blue colour and one of the lines that she breeds is known for heart problems. When I asked her if she did any health testing she said, "Health testing for what"? I told her, hips, elbows, heart, etc. She said, "Pit Bulls are not prone to hip dysplasia" Then she said, "Well, I have had my sire for a year now and he has not had any health problems". But this breeder prides herself on how gorgeous her dogs are and is very selective about who buys from her. One of her females is over 80 pounds which is way too big for a Pit Bull.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

what a total cutie Denise. Congrats.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Oh he is just too adorable! I hope his nose stays that way too. Congratulations on the new baby! Be patient. He'll be home before you know it.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

He is so cute Denise! I cant wait to see pics when he gets bigger!! And Bub's nose was like that when he was a puppy...it is mostly black now, but he has a few pink spots on his lips still. So it might just stay that way...or at least some of it.

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

awww he's adorable Denise!!!!!! Congrats!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

He's a cutie! Congrats! I can't wait to see more pics of him, especially when he comes home.

Rhonda

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

He's precious. I bet you're just itching with anticipation!

Stephanie

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:16 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Oh lordy!! What a doll!!!

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:51 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

awwwwwwwwwww!!! He is soooo adorable!!! Cant wait to see more pics!!

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

Tags
breed dogs, family dog, hip dysplasia, pit bull, pit bulls, puppy mill