Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Picture of our new puppy (yet to be named)

4K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Spud 
#1 ·
Here is a picture of our new baby. He is just gorgeous but I know I am biased. :blush: We don't have a name picked out for him yet because Dave and I are still trying to come up with a "strong" name for him.

He is not from the breeder we wanted to get a puppy from. Their female had not been bred the last time we talked and I hate to say this, we didn't want to wait until next year. So, I started searching for other breeders and unfortunately came up short because all of them were byb's. :mad2: I couldn't believe the crap I was hearing when I talked to them! I thought I wasn't going to find anyone that I could feel confident getting a dog from until I found a breeder that happens to be in another state. I am very happy with the breeder and she even pays for the spaying and neutering of her puppies! :thumb:

We are picking up our boy in the middle of September but I don't think I can wait that long!

See less See more
#5 ·
Awww! I love his mottled nose! Will it stay that way? or will it darken? He's so cute!

Ariel, byb not necesarily breed for fighting, but they do breed for the wrong reasons, to make money. Usually they get a breed dog that's not breeding material, and bred them. They don't bother on getting good genetic lines or doing any tests to show if they have genetic conditions. They offer no guarantee on a healthy puppy and don't care who they sell to. It's like a puppy mill, on a small scale (not a bunch of dogs for breeding purposes, but someone who has a family dog and breeds it for the wrong reasons and without knowing anything about breeding.)

#6 ·
Very cute... What kind of a baby is he?

#7 ·
Jenny, is he a Pit Bull.

I don't know if his nose will stay that way. I hope it does though.

Ariel, Padfoot explained what a backyard breeder is correctly. I was disgusted with what I heard when I was talking to the breeders on the phone. One of the breeders specifically bred for the blue colour and one of the lines that she breeds is known for heart problems. When I asked her if she did any health testing she said, "Health testing for what"? I told her, hips, elbows, heart, etc. She said, "Pit Bulls are not prone to hip dysplasia" Then she said, "Well, I have had my sire for a year now and he has not had any health problems". But this breeder prides herself on how gorgeous her dogs are and is very selective about who buys from her. One of her females is over 80 pounds which is way too big for a Pit Bull.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.