Photos! Pictures of Kitsune - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Pictures of Kitsune

Kit is just too cute! I don't think I've shared any pictures of him on here for awhile, so I figured I'd show him off.

He went to the vet the other week to get his rabies shot and weighed in at a whopping 15.9 lbs! He's huge for a papillon (they are normally under 10lbs) but of course we think he's perfect.

Here he is...

in black and white...

Playing with his shadow...

Trying to nap w/ some of his toys...

That's it for now. I take a lot of pictures of him though, so I'm sure I'll have more soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Aww, he's such a cutie
Is he a papillon mix?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

No he's a purebred papillon.

It's not all that uncommon for some of them to be bigger than normal. I've met quite a few papillons over 10lbs. Kit's breeder knew from the beginning that he was going to be too big to show, plus he's mismarked (the white on one ear) so she sold him on a pet contract. We didn't know when we got him that one ear would stay floppy, because when they are puppies both ears are floppy. So from a breeders perspective he would be a huge reject. But we weren't looking for a show quality pup, just a pet. I love his mismatched ears now, I think they match his personality. And we like his size too, he's not as small and fragile as some of the really small ones seem to be.

This is what he looked like when he was a puppy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Aww, he's just so cute!
I love his ears and his personality shines through the pictures
He looks full of life!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Part of the Pack

I love the last two black and whites!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks! I like the black and whites too. I was playing around with taking black and white photos directly from my camera. I use to just convert them to black and white on the computer, but then I figured how that my camera can take pictures in black and white!

Kit is so crazy hyper, it's insane. I took him to the dog park yesterday afternoon, and he had more energy than both the 1 year old jack russel and 3 year old border collie that he was playing with combined.
He really drives me crazy some times, but he's a lot of fun too.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

We're getting a lot of snow here - up to 17 inches! I had to get Kit all bundled up this morning for our morning walk. I get a lot of negative comments for talking him outside like this, but I don't do it to make him look cute or anything. He needs to wear his boots because our town seems to go crazy putting out salt in the winter, and it hurts Kit's feet and makes him limp. Without his boots, we can't make it down the street without him limping. And even though papillons have long hair, they are a single coated breed - so they don't have the undercoat to help keep them warm.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Betta Bomb

He's a beaut!! Im glad you were able to get him as a "reject".. (This is why I dont support show breeding) ...... He's simply wonderful Also, my city recently came up with a brilliant idea to mix the salt with water or something to make a Brine mix which they spreads all over the streets..... -_- This at least dont aggravate Coco's paws like plain salt but it's brown, sticky, slushy gross. It only benefits drivers.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks! We had to sign a pretty in depth contract when we got Kit, and part of it was that we had to get him neutered since he doesn't meet the breed standard. I'd rather see people supporting responsible show breeders who are breeding to improve the breed, than byb's or puppy mills.

Before I got Kit, I had actually sent in an application to adopt a papillon mix in a rescue, but they rejected my application because I didn't meet their age requirement. I was pretty disappointed about that, and then we found Kit's breeder and fell in love with Kit, so Chris bought him for me for an early birthday present.

I really wish my city didn't always put down so much salt. It really bothers Kit's paws, and theres so much of it out there that it's imposable to avoid. Also the salt runoff isn't so good for the environment.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Betta Bomb

No thats why my city changed to the gross sticky brine. Maybe you could start up a petition and get people to sign who are interested in a sustasinable alternative to plain salt? Environmental reasons should have your MHA's hopping about to sign it if they wana get re-elected!!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Oh Yeah. I don't know anything about that brine stuff, wouldn't it still runoff into lakes and such though? I'll have to look it up, I've never heard of it before.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Betta Bomb

Probably, but to my knowledge it is diluted by the water so it's still better than plain salt.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

my pup is a reject too!

He is a schnauzer yorkie (yes i know a designer breed but i couldn't resist my little reject) He was supposed to be between 7-12 lbs he is up to 18 now at 9 months old. and he had a hernia so he was neutered way early. So cute though he looks like a red haired schnauzer

Kit is adoreable!

[/CENTER]

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks! Yay for reject pups!