Pit Bull discussion on Nancy Grace (court tv) - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Guarded by Waffles

I agree with Lisa. Dogs, any breed, should not be chained. I rescued Waffles from a chain and luckily he is a great dog. I don't know what I would do if he turned out to be mean. If you have to keep a dog on a chain then maybe you should find a new home for them

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 09:59 AM

This clearly shows this woman's ignorance:

Quote:
Because, to own a pit bull, you need to have some knowledge about what they are capable of. And if they do smell or sniff blood, that they are very aggressive at point.
One of the members on the PBF I belong to said if that were the case, every woman who owns a Pitbull should be in danger at least once a month!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Guarded by Waffles

LOL thats so true. You will not be in danger if you care for them properly. I own a pit and she is the sweetest dog I have ever known...next to Waffles. The only thing I don't like about her is that she won't look me in the eyes.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:08 AM

Christine, I read about that somewhere and I can't remember where! I don't know if it was on the PBF I belong to or one of the dog behaviour books I have. If I find it, I will let you know.

So many Pitbull owners say out of all the breeds (and a Pitbull is technically not a breed) out there, their hearts and feelings are as fragile as butterfly wings and it is so true! Their feelings get hurt easily and all they want to do is make their owners happy. They really are amazing dogs.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Will It Ever Change?

ridiculous

This awful pitbull racims is so stupid. like, my rotty roxanne (rip) was abused as a pup, we could hear her screaming next door, one day my dad walked over and took her and left, and the lady never stopped him, so we had a pup. she was 5 months maybe when he took her. it took her a good few months before she would lay on her back and let you pet her belly, but then she was an unstoppable love machine. she knew we loved her and saved her. my mom had my sister and we were worried she'd attack the baby, but instead she never left her side, and would bark when the baby got near the stairs. if the baby crawled to other toys, roxanne would follow then lay down beside her to be her guardian. all i can say is if you have a bad pet it's a human's fault. they rely solely on us for everything they need so if they don't get it, they're not stupid, they know who to blame. it' snot the dogs fault that guy was such a jerk, it's the jerks fault. since when do we make exceptions to rules? i abhor this decision to punish animals for a humans shortcomings. i've never found an animal that wouldn't trust me, so it's clearly not the animals problem.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 12:30 PM

I have a difficult time believing these dogs didn't have any behavioral problems to begin with. So many times I hear Pitbull owners say their dogs never showed any signs of aggression up until the incident at hand. I don't buy it. That is why individuals like Nancy Grace love to say "they can snap at any moment".
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 01:17 PM

Looking at a dog can be a challenge to the dog and looking away has a calming affect.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 04:55 PM

nancy grace is an idiot. IMO.

and thanks, i registered on the site.

Last edited by VWbarnbum; 11-09-2006 at 05:01 PM.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 05:47 PM

found a link if anyone wnts to read it..
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../07/ng.01.html

and if you want to file some kind of feeback..
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5c.html?24

Tags
pit bull, pit bulls, teddy bear