Pit Bull Placement - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Pit Bull Placement

My sister has a 20 month old female pit bull with submissive urination issues that she needs to place. If any of you know of any groups, etc in the Orlando area please contact me. Thanks.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I'll check into it. If all else fails, we may be able to railroad her up here to me. Kali did the submissive urination thing too and we got it taken care of
I'll let you know what I find

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

THANK YOU MANDIE! My sister is 23 weeks pregnant and just can't handle this right now - they love Blade dearly but are looking for a new place to live (currently living with family) and there's not one place here that will let you rent with a Pit Bull. Plus with a baby coming they just feel that Blade will be better off with a family that can devote time to her. She's a great dog, just has some issues. LOL

Here's a pic of her as a puppy, I'll get recent ones asap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blade.jpg (36.2 KB, 23 views)

Wife to an amazing man,

|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Awww!! She's adorable!! I bet she's gorgeous! Yup, finding a loving home for her will be easy! If we can work out a railroad, I have a few people in mind wanting to adopt someone just like her! Especially my friends Vinnie and Chantel...they recently lost their girl due to genetic problems from poor breeding Let me see about getting a railroad together after my home inspection is done...so much to do between now and Friday! Is she good with other dogs?

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

She is great with male dogs that are older than she is, they also have a male PB. She's rough with puppies. I could definitely help with transport - you're not that far, maybe one person or so between us could pitch in?

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

*cough* Um Christi, why don't you just drive to Charlotte and stay here for a night, then Mandie can come to Charlotte?

Stephanie

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

*cough* Good idea Steph!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

She's a gorgeous girl!!! You'll find a great home for her Mandie, I know you will (if only it could be with me... )

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Nice try! Mandie, my sister's bf is hesitant, he's pretty attached to Blade so he may need some reassurance, if your friend's do want to take her I told him that he'd be able to talk to you and to them, etc. I think their biggest fears are someone fighting her or beating her because of the urination.

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christi
Nice try! Mandie, my sister's bf is hesitant, he's pretty attached to Blade so he may need some reassurance, if your friend's do want to take her I told him that he'd be able to talk to you and to them, etc. I think their biggest fears are someone fighting her or beating her because of the urination.
I can TOTALLY understand that! That's not a problem in the least! The worst thing any pit rescue could do is place a dog with someone who would fight them. Can't risk BSL here, that's for sure! If it weren't a friend that we've known for years, extensive background and criminal records are checked thouroughly before a potential owner is even considered. Home checks and annual rechecks are also done, usually without advanced notice. I'm pretty sure Vinnie and Chantel will be interested in her though and they've dealt with submissive urination as well as over-excited urination before. Beating a dog over something like that only makes it worse. The key is to build up her self esteem and confidence using a rewards system. That's how we've always been able to break them of it It takes a LOT of patience and a LOT of time though! I couldn't get a hold of either of them tonight since they are both working at the moment, but I will talk to them in the next couple of days

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Christi, I forgot to ask, but is Blade spayed? I just need to know so if/when we get her, I can go ahead and make an appointment to do so if she isn't already. We won't adopt out to anyone without spaying/neutering first. Also, we'll need her vet records so we know when she is due for what.
Thanks !

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

She is not spayed and I'm glad you will have it done! Her vet records will be no problem.

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 11:53 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Okay, thanks! I get a 50% discount at my vet's office now that I'm working there! They've spayed/neutered all our rescues

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

I am still looking for a home for Blade - if any of you have any resources, etc, I'd be very grateful.

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 11:07 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Christi...I hope I'm not too late. Please visit http://www.pitbullforum.com ....its a site full of all pit bull owners and even people that are looking for a new addition to the family. Its a great place to start.

I'm just curious, why didn't your sister think about the fact that she's going to be having a baby and that she'll be moving before she got the dog? That's why I always stress how people should do research and make sure they're ready for a pet....but anyways..check out pitbullforum...I'm sure there will be many people there willing to help find a good home for the pup.

Tags
pit bull