Pointers on bring a new puppy in the home with another dog - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Pointers on bring a new puppy in the home with another dog

We adopted Emma last month from a shelter and she is doing wonderful except she must of been beaten by a man because she is very afraid of my husband to the point if I am not home to let her out she will go upstairs and pee on my sons bed and than hide until I get home. Needless to say I now take her with me or my one son has to be home. The point is my husband has a HUGE heart for dogs and it is really upsetting to him that he does not have a dog to love so we have decided to get a puppy!!!! I have bad allergies and a friend of mines Shih Tzu is pregnant. Will we be able to mix the two breeds? Emma our Bichon had 5 puppies until she was brought to the shelter so I think she would do well with a puppy. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 11:35 PM

My dog shadow was beaten by a man too because he dropped to the ground shaking with his tail between his legs when he first met my boyfriend. But now it seems like he loves my boyfriend more than me sometimes. I would give the new dog time. Shadow didn't used to let you pet his head, but now all he does is beg for attention.
Here's a pic of him in my boyfriends lap. As you can see, he is not a lap dog but he was jealous of Millie
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the advice it is nice to know she won't have to feel the fear forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:13 PM

no problem. It took awhile, but now Shadow is a very friendly, fun-loving dog. Good luck.

Tags
lap dog, shih tzu