The police came to my house tonight - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 02:04 PM

That's exactly what you need to do.

Call animal control - then it won't seem to police that you and your neighbor are just feuding (even if you are). For the most part, especially in cities where a leash and collar are manditory, animal control has no choice but to take an "unmarked" dog to the pound. Some will even pick up a dog with a collar if he's a good distance from home without his owner's supervision. Then they'll call the number on the tag from the pound and tell the owner to come pick up the dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

I, too, was so scared when I read the title!! But I thought, "If it was really bad news, there would be a sad face, not a mad face."

I'm so glad they were so understanding!! I hate it when people are ignorant about their animals!

Good thing Logan and Molly are such sweeties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:08 PM
RAT ADDICT

Oh wow....sorry about all of that, but also happy to hear that the cops were understanding.

I hate how people judge pitbulls and other bully breeds, when a yorkie or chihuahua can be just as bad.However I don't think there are bad dogs, only bad owners.

I must say tho, walking down the street...I notice the pitbulls and rotties and similar breeds are always happy and friendly and have their tongues lolling out of their mouths, just waiting for some attention...while little toy breeds yap and bark and snarl at passerby's!But...nope, the "tough" breeds get the bad rap!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 12:35 PM

it's kind of like people who are afraid to fly on a plane because of the fatality rate of crashes... but somehow they forget how many people are killed in car wrecks every year...

Tags
animal control, bully breeds, dog owners, german shepherd, german shepherd dog, golden retriever, pet owner, pit bull, pit bulls