poopie on the bed - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Question poopie on the bed

yes you read correctly...poopie on the bed. a few weeks ago, i discovered this accident and i believe it was penny that did it. then when we visited my friend's apt, she or chaquita did it on the couch. then today, i found another accident on my bed (at my parent's house) and i'm almost sure it was chaquita. i know penny's done it though cause i discovered it once when chaquita was with me the whole time.

why on earth would they do this? i understand going on the floor in the house, or on carpet where they can smell it, but why the bed? especially when they sleep there too! why would they poopie in their own bed?

anyone have any ideas?? where oh where is deja????? haha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

From my experience a dog will either poop or urinate on "your" bed even though they sleep there, because they are either 1) looking for attention or 2) mad at you for something (basically out of spite). I know my tabitha did that when she was younger, and well that was partially my fault, for working long hours and not letting her out as often, so it was her way of getting back at me. Now there could also be the possibility of an infection, but as you mentioned they both have done it, so I am guessing that is not it at all. I am a big crate person when it comes to "No-No's" I use that as a form a punishment, usually by telling them no then placing them in time-out. My dogs are my children therefor I try to use the proper approaches of punishment, but I can't say that it always works, although I've had great success with all my dogs and foster dogs........... I wish you luck, and hopefully somebody else can give you a little more advice, as I'm sure I wasn't a whole lot of help ...... hang in there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

well, it's hard to correct them because i don't catch them. they are locked in the kitchen when i am gone, but it's when i'm there and i accidentely leave the bedroom door open and they sneak in there really quick.

i've never heard of a dog doing anything out of spite, but maybe it's for attention? i really don't know. it's soooo weird.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Personally I don't think it's spite or attention. To me - this is a play for dominance! It's their chance to *mark* something that is without question *yours*. Your bed, and couch - what could smell more like you!?? When they exhibit this behavior there is nothing you can do - unless you catch them in the act - just like you said.

Yikes - I'm sorry they are doing this to you! How frustrating.
Has anything changed in your house? Even the silliest thing that we would take for granted - a new friend coming over more often - another animal coming to visit - anything could have set them off and triggered a marking response.

I hope you get it figured out - and they stop it

[center]

[
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

it's weird because they have done it at my apt (their permanent home), they have done it to my friend's couch when we visited and they did it here at my parents' house.

i don't know why they are doing it. they are also chewing up the walls here (we keep em in the living room and kitchen cause it's tiled and it's hard to keep em locked up). they don't do that at home, but when there i keep them in the kitchen (with gate).

i don't know.....................i give them a lot of attention. they go on at least 2 walks when they are here (either with me or my best friend who is here too) and we play ball and chase each day.

ugh!