Poor Belle - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Poor Belle

My poor Belle is sick. On Friday night it was apparent that she didn't feel well. We thought that she had a tummy ache. All day Saturday she was not herself. Sunday morning she wouldn't come out of her crate. We went to the emergency vet. She had xrays, blood work and lymes test. All came back fine. The vet thought that it was her back. She showed signs of weakness on her right side.
She came home with an anti inflammatory and a pain killer.
On Monday night/Tuesday morning she started with diarrehea. She has had it since. I called back the er vet and then had to call my vet. My vet stopped the anti inflammatory since diarrehea is a side effect of it.
She was on boiled chicken and rice. But then yesterday she was not interested in it. I am now giving her baby food. She wouldn't eat rice so I also bought powdered baby rice cereal and mixed that the baby food lamb and pedialyte. She ate that. She has been drinking well, thank God.
She now has meds for the diarrehea. I am giving her it before bed tonight. She has been coming to work wirh me every day this week. I really want to leave her home tomorrow. Luckily she is so good at work that no one can really complain. Heck, if I didn't have to block the door of my office people may not even notice she is there. I am lucky that the owners of the company both have dogs. In fact the one owner brings his dog, Harry, in and I take Harry home and give him a bath. So everyone at work knows what a nut I am about anything with fur.
Does anyone have any other suggestions on what will make her tummy feel better?

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

poor Belle, I hope she feels better really soon... a few months ago all 4 of my dogs got sick, it was sorta like the flu, they wouldn't eat, their stomachs were so bad,, poor Puppers had it the worst, we gave him warm chicken broth with some bread soaked in it, it was all he wanted...its so hard when our fur babies are sick

I will keep Belle in my thoughts, my clan and I are sending her much love and get well soon vibes

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks.
She does seem to be doing better today. Jay is working from home today and keeping an eye on her. I can't wait to get home to her.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Broth ice cubes always seem to go over well. Rice is supposed to help an upset tummy, so it's good you're doing that. Poor gal, I hope she gets well soon. You could always try some soft dog food that comes in gravy. My guys never refuse that.

--------------------
~Marcia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

I will have to make some of those ice cubes. That would go over well.
She is definitely feeling better.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny

Tags
diarrehea