Poor Biscuit - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Poor Biscuit

Yesterday was a really nice day weather wise (don't bash me all you people getting snow) and I was finally feeling well enough to chase Biscuit so we took both the dogs to the beach (it's not a huge beach but when your dog just goes it's long enough and you need to be feeling pretty energetic cause it's a workout for us too). We were there for about an hour and Biscuit was playing with 3 dogs...two staffy's and a kelpie. The staffy's and the kelpie were playing with sticks, and biscuit just loves the chase so she was running with them, but she doesn't even try to get the other dogs sticks...she has no idea what fetch means, she doesn't even pick up a stick and put it in her mouth.
Anyway one of the staffy's (another female, usually the males are more rowdy) kept talking to her, and you could tell she wasn't happy. But the owner assured me that that was all his dog did. No bite. I trusted him, he said his dog lives there and from the way she swam I totally belived that (for anyone that doesn't know staffy's are bum heavy and the majority are horrible swimmers). Anyway the dog's took off up the beach again and the other staffy got really cranky. I couldn't really see, but Biscuit was talking back, and they weren't giving up. Alex ran up and got Biscuit and we put her lead on her and took the dogs home (the second she gets a little bit cranky, she gets taken home, we try and go home before she gets like this, cause it's from tiredness, but she doesn't slow down at all so it can be hard to tell). Anyway Alex said the other dog was being mean to Biscuit but Biscuit wasn't really doing anything, just growling and talking (staffy style). Granted she could've run off but didn't, but she was the better dog in the situation. The other guy stayed on the beach with his dog.
When we got back to the carpark and were washing the dogs (they have a tap there, so we take a bucket and towels and wash all the salt and sand off them, and then dry them off before putting them in the car) I notices she had blood on her face. She has four cuts on her face from this other dog! None of them requiring stitches but one of them is right under her eye, and she has one that I need to keep clean or it will get infected near her ear. I know Biscuit wasn't an angel either but this guy said his dog didn't fight! Biscuit has NEVER come back from the beach with a mark on her before. We washed them out really well at the beach, and put some antiseptic cream on them when we got home.
I'm more cranky about the fact that he didn't even run in to try and stop his back, just stood back while Alex went and got Biscuit...but there were quite a few spectators and it does nothing for their rep. At least I take my dog home. A lot of dogs get upset with each other on the beach (natural when one tries to take the other's stick etc.) but nothing ever bad, or serious, but at least people can see that I don't tolerate it. If I see this guy on the beach again I'm going to let him know that I really wasn't impressed and that he needs to pay better attention to his dog.
So poor Biscuit, she would've had a headache last night I'm sure...Alex just said she was just as guilty cause she didn't run off, which is true, but I'm still not happy.

So guys if you could some vibes so that Biscuit doesn't get an infection in this one cut. I'm going to keep it super clean so it shouldn't but the vibes can't hurt.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Poor Biscuit! That was quite unfair to her. I am sending her ~don't get infected vibes~

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwwww poor biscuit, poor little baby, i hope shes ok? Sending her lots of don't get infected vibes from me and my gang

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanks Lixx. I mean if the guy had just said that his dog might bite we would've taken Biscuit to the other end of the beach, no biggy. I just wish he was honest.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

we poste dat the same time amethystbelle...Biscuit seems fine. Usually when she gets home from the beach she crashes and she didn't last night, she was tired but not asleep. She could have been sore, or she could just have been overtired. She didn't yelp or anything at the beach, if she did I would've checked her there and then. I'm more worried about her, cause she has never had a cut before!

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My dog was the same she got her eye scratched by another dog jumping on her after i had told the owner 3 times to stop her dog and she didn't and i didn't even know it had happened till a day later when her eye was sore and puffed up and she put me througha lot of worry with that The thing is we have to take other dog owners at their word and its these kinda owners that give dogs a bad name as they aren't responsible. I hope Biscuit heals up really soon

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh no, poor Biscuit! I hope she is ok, Carm!

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 06:16 PM
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Poor Biscuit. I hope she's feeling better and healed soon!

~ Jodi ~

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanks guys, she's super sleepy this morning, but so is Cindy so I think they are just both worn out from their big day yesterday. Her wounds still look really clean so when she actually ventures out of bed I'll wash it with salt water and then apply more antiseptic cream. I'm probably making it sound worse than it is, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Sending Biscuit get better soon vibes xx

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Poor Biscuit! Give her a hug and a kiss for me. I hope she feels better soon...and send some nice weather over my way!
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 07:49 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Aww. Dang snapping dogs! I know what you mean though. But don't feel bad it sometimes just happens... Relative to a child getting scratches and bumps when they play around to roughly.

Either way, I hope that she is alright!!

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanks guys! Biscuit finally got out of bed and I had a look at the one wound tht was worrying me. It already is healing over, I'm not even going to bathe it, just add more cream. It doesn't look nearly as bad today as what it did yesterday. Thanks for all the well wishes. Hopefully we won't have a repeat incident.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

~~more get well vibes for Biscuit~~

Rhonda

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh no! poor biscuit wiscuit! i hope she is feeling better soon! give her a big kiss on the nose from auntie jane!!!

Tags
dog owners