Poor Jessie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Dogs Wagging tails, wet noses, unconditional love, and everything else that goes along with canines!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Unhappy Poor Jessie

Poor Jessie (our f. rescue rottie that is approx. 5 months old) is sick!
Last night about an hour after dinner she vomitted everything up, than continued throughout the evening while we were watching t.v. .... She was drinking water okay so I wasn't too concerned with dehydration, we let her be for awhile and as we were getting ready for bed, we noticed a bit of flem type vomit towards the back of her kennel, which means she got sick a little the night before as well .... so we opted not to put her in her kennel being afraid she would continue to get sick and we would have to get up throughout the night to get her out and clean her kennel, so we let her sleep with us and several times throughout the night she jumped off the bed and vomitted, we got up and cleaned it up. Well this morning she seemed a little more perky, but you could tell she still wasn't feeling well at all. I boiled some chicken being sure to remove all skin, fat and bones and made some blan rice, mixed it together and put it in her bowl in hopes of her eating something, she wouldn't touch it! We let her be as we were hoping to give her time to let her stomach settle and see how she did around dinner time, well we tried to feed her the same thing and nothing, so we added just a little bit of the veggie/fruit mix we make for the dog's to it for a bit of flavor, and nope nothing, she wouldn't touch it. So Darren and I took a cup of kibble and placed it in another bowl, she wouldn't touch that either, so Darren opened up a can of canned dog food (we keep on reserve for fosters) and she wouldn't touch that either, so Darren took out some of the juice from the canned food and added some water to make a broth type mixture, and nope nothing again Poor Poor Jessie.... about an hour or so she vomitted again but this time it was nothing more than a bit of stomach bile, so we are going to see how she is in the morning, and if no improvement she is off to see Dr.Friz!! I have medicine here to give dogs/puppies for vomitting, but I am out of syringes, it is 2 different types of meds that have to mixed to a certain portion and injected, but sadly I searched high and low through all the cabinets of our animal pharmacy and nope no syringes w/needles!
I feel so bad for her, because she just lays there and sleeps and when the other dog's begin to feel froggy she watches them, but shows no real expression at all...... I'll let you all know what happens, I just wanted to post this and ask you all to send some good thoughts for Jessie as we hope it is just something that will pass and nothing too serious!!
I am hoping she may have just gotten into the rubber tree plant out back and that may have upseted her tummy, but I feel if that was the case it would have passed by now with all the vomitting and sleeping she has done.......
Thanks for listening!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I'm so sorry. I hope she feels better soon and that its nothing serious! Seems like November is the month for sick pets. Sending lots of get well vibes to Jessie!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #3 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh no...poor jessie...sending get well vibes her way. I know we have had a lot of dogs get stomach viruses over here the last couple of weeks, maybe there is something going around in Italy too.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thank you Carmen & Steph
Jessie vomitted up alot of stomach bile about 20 minutes ago She is definitely going into the vet first thing in the morning!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh no, kim. i hope that jessie gets better very soon. let us know what happens.

post #6 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Kim, I hope Jessie is ok? Keep me informed of her progress, I hate it when animals are ill!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #7 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I'm sorry she's sick Kim! She'll be in our thoughts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sorry to hear Jesse's not feeling well, hopefully it's nothing serious and she'll be back to normal in no time.
post #9 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 06:01 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Poor Jessie! I hope she feels better soon. Give her a hug from me!
post #10 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

keep us updated Kim. I hope she's okay.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #11 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 07:33 PM

I hope Jessie feels better soon.
post #12 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWife97
Thank you Carmen & Steph
Jessie vomitted up alot of stomach bile about 20 minutes ago She is definitely going into the vet first thing in the morning!
Oh no. Keep us updated!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #13 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I hope she's ok -crosses fingers- Keep us updated!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #14 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I'll have my chinnies cross their fingers for you, and I'll keep mine crossed as well!

Get better soon Jessie!

Karen

[

post #15 of 89 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 11:44 PM

Oh my goodness I hope she's okay. I expect to see a full report first thing in the morning! I had one of my foster cats do that to me once (it just happened to be the one I was keeping) and I freaked out thinking that she was going to die and it was going to spread to the other ones and it turned out they were playing in the closet, which they weren't supposed to be in and found one of those air fresheners with the oil in it, and dummy over here must have thought it was cool to lick. Holy run on sentence!

I have everyone here crossing fingers that its just something simple and easily cured!

Tags
canned food, dog food, vet care, vet tech